Department of Biostatistics
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2005-present University of Nebraska College of Medicine
- 1999-2002 Postdoctoral Associate & Interim Microarray Facility Manager, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- MS Statistics, Iowa State University, 2005
- PhD Genetics, Institute of Genetics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 1998
- BS Biology, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, China, 1992
Research Interest & Projects
I am interested in the design and analysis of biological experiments, especially microarray experiments.
- Qiu F, Guo L, Wen TJ, Liu F, Ashlock DA, Schnable PS. DNA sequence-based "bar codes" for tracking the origins of expressed sequence tags from a maize cDNA library constructed using multiple mRNA sources. Plant Physiology. 133(2):475-48, 2003.
- Nakazono M*, Qiu F*, Borsuk LA, Schnable PS. Laser-capture microdissection, a tool for the global analysis of gene expression in specific plant cell types: identification of genes expressed differentially in epidermal cells or vascular tissues of maize. Plant Cell. 15(3): 583-596, 2003. *First coauthor
- Ashlock DA, Guo L, and Qiu F. Greedy Closure Genetic Algorithms, Proceedings of the 2002 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, PP 1296-1301, 2002.
- De Boer JM, McDermott JP, Wang X, Maier T, Qiu F, Hussey RS, Davis EL, and Baum TJ. The use of DNA microarrays for the developmental expression analysis of cDNAs from the oesophageal gland cell region of Heterodera glycines. Molecular Plant Pathology 3: 262-270,, 2002
- American Statistical Association