Department of Health Services Research & Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2022 – present, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC College of Public Health
- 2020 – 2022, Cancer Research Training Award Fellow, National Cancer Institute
- 2014 – 2019, Research and Teaching Assistant, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Clemson University
- 2019, PhD, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Clemson University
- 2016, MS, Applied Psychology with Industrial and Organizational Psychology emphasis, Clemson University
- 2014, BS, Psychology (Major) and Business (Minor), University of Central Florida
- Team dynamics and multiteam systems
- Models of care delivery, cancer care delivery, and care coordination
- Multidisciplinary teams
- Facilitators and barriers of organizational change
- Implementation of complex delivery system innovations
- Health disparities and social determinants of health
- Verhoeven, D. C., Chollette, V., Lazzara, E. H., Shuffler, M. L., Osarogiagbon, R. U., Weaver, S. J. (2021). The Anatomy and Physiology of Teaming in Cancer Care Delivery: A Conceptual Framework. Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 113(4).
- Weaver, S. J., Verhoeven, D. C., Castro, K., Adjei, B., Geiger, A. (2022). A thematic analysis of organizational structure and process variables across NCI care delivery studies. JNCI: Cancer Spectrum, 6(2).
- Doose, M., Verhoeven, D. C., Sanchez, J. I., Livinski, A. A., Mollica, M., Chollette, V., Weaver, S. J. (Revise & resubmit). Team-based care for cancer survivors with comorbidities: A systematic review. Journal for Healthcare Quality, 44(5).
- Verhoeven, D. C., Kramer, W. S., & Shuffler, M. L. (2022). Multiteam systems in long duration exploration missions: A qualitative analysis of key characteristics and challenges. Frontiers in Psychology, 13.
- Sanchez, J., Doose, M., Verhoeven, D. C., Chollette, V., & Weaver, S. J. (2022). Multilevel factors associated with inequities in multidisciplinary cancer consultation. Health Services Research.
- Feitosa, J., Verhoeven, D. C., & Shuffler, M.L., & Wiper III, D. W. (2020). Political skills across healthcare leaders: A longitudinal study. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies.
- American Public Health Association
- Academy Health
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Academy of Management
- Health Care Systems Research Network
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research
- Organization Theory in Health Care Association