Department of Health Services Research & Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2011–Present Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC
- 2006–11 Research and Teaching Assistant, Health Policy and Administration, The Pennsylvania State University
- 2006 Visiting Scholar, Daegu Hanni University, South Korea
- 2004–06 Research Assistant, Health Industry Research Institute, South Korea
- PhD, Health Policy and Administration (with an emphasis on management and organizational studies), The Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- MBA, Health Services Management, KyungHee University, 2006
- BHSM, Health Services Management, KyungHee University, 2004
Health care management and organizational research, innovation adoption and implementation, long-term care organizational structure and workforce issues, delivery system innovation in primary care (e.g., accountable care organization) and patient outcomes.
Selected Presentations & Publications
- Young, L., Kim, J., Wang, H., & Chen, L-W. (2015). Examining factors influencing colorectal cancer screening of rural Nebraskans using data from clinics in an accountable care organization: A study protocol. F1000Res, 4, 298.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.6782.1.
- Kim, J., Wilson, F., ElRayes, W., Su, D., Dmitry, O., Morien, M., & Chen, L-W. (2015). Disparities in the receipt of robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: Between- and within-hospital analysis using 2009-2011 California inpatient data. BMJ Open, 5(4):E007409. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2014-007409
- Bhuyan, S. S., Chandak, A., Powell, M. P., Kim, J., Shiyanbola, O., Zhu, H., & Shiyanbola, O. (2015). Use of information technology for medication management in resident care facilities: Correlates of facility characteristics. Journal of Medical Systems, 39(6):252. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10916-015-0252-0
- McCaughey, D., Turner, N., Kim, J., DelliFraine, J., & McGhan, G. (2015). Examining workplace hazard perceptions and employee outcomes in the long-term care industry. Safety Science, 78, 190-197.
- Wang, H., Kim, J., Su, D., Xu, L., Chen, L., Huang, T. (2014). Joint influence of individual choices, parenting practices, and physician advice on adolescent obesity, Nebraska, 2008. Preventing Chronic Disease, 11:140210 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd11.140210.
- Bhuyan, S.S., Zhu, He, Chandak, A., Kim, J., & Stimpson, J.P. (2014). Do service Innovations influence the adoption of electronic health records in long-term care organizations? Results from the U.S. National Survey of Residential Care Facilities. International Journal of Medical Informatics (available online since October 2nd, 2014).
- Kim, J., Wehbi, N., DelliFraine, J. Brannon, D. (2013). The joint relationship between organizational design factors and HR practice factors on direct care workers' job satisfaction and turnover Intent. Health Care Management Review, 39(2), 174-184.
- McCaughey,D., McGhan, G., Kim, J., Brannon, D., Leroy, H., & Jablonski,R. (2012). Workforce implications of injury among home health workers: Evidence from the National Home Health Aide Survey. The Gerontologist , 52(4), 493-505.
- Kim, J., DelliFraine, J., Dansky, K., & McCleary, K. (2010). Physician’s acceptance of telemedicine technology: An empirical test of competing theories. International Journal of Information Systems and Change Management, 4(3), 210-225.
- Academy of Management