Department of Health Services Research & Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2011–Present Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC
- 2006–11 Research and Teaching Assistant, Health Policy and Administration, The Pennsylvania State University
- 2011. Ph.D., Health Policy and Administration (with an emphasis on management and organizational studies), The Pennsylvania State University
- 2006, MBA, Health Services Management, KyungHee University
- 2004, BHSM, Health Services Management, KyungHee University
Research InterestsAdoption and implementation of evidence-based practice (e.g., cancer screening) in rural and underserved populations, long-term care organizational characteristics and change outcomes, geriatric education and workforce enhancement, delivery system innovation in primary care and patient outcomes.
Selected Presentations & Publications
- Kim J, Pacino V, Wang H, Recher A, Jain I, Mone V, ... & Potter J. (2021). System Redesign: The Value of a Primary Care Liaison Model to Address Unmet Social Needs among Older Primary Care Patients. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(21), 11135.
- Watanabe-Galloway S, Kim J, LaCrete F, Samson K, Foster J, Farazi PA, LeVan T, Napit K. (2021). Cross-sectional survey study of primary care clinics on evidence-based colorectal cancer screening intervention use. J Rural Health. Nov 16:10.1111/jrh.12631. doi: 10.1111/jrh.12631. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34784067; PMCID: PMC9108125.
- Kim J, Aggarwal A, Pounds L, Maloney S, & Tibbits M. (2021). Organizational assessment to implement trauma-informed care for first responders, child welfare providers, and healthcare professionals. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/pro0000408
- Kim, J. Wang, H., Young, L., Michaud, T.L., Siahpush, M., Farazi, P.A., and Chen, L. (2019). An examination of multi-level factors influencing colorectal cancer screening in primary care settings: A mixed method study. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 25(6): 562-570
- Wang, H., Roy, S., Kim, J., Farazi, P. A., Siahpush, M., & Su, D. (2019). Barriers of colorectal cancer screening in rural USA: a systematic review. Rural and Remote Health, 19(3).
- Kim J, ElRayes W, Anthony R, Dombrowski K, & Watanabe-Galloway, S. (2018). Review of Health Survey Research for People with Refugee Background Resettled from Africa: Research Gaps and Methodological Issues. Journal Of Racial And Ethnic Health Disparities. 6(1):160-181.
- Kim J, Young L, Bekmuratova S, Schober D, Wang H, Roy S, Bhuyan S, Schumaker A, and Chen L. (2017).Promoting Colorectal Cancer Screening through a New Model of Delivering Rural Primary Care in the United States: A Qualitative Study. Rural and Remote Health. 17:4187.
- Kim, J., Wilson, F., ElRayes, W., Su, D., Dmitry, O., Morien, M., & Chen, L-W. (2015). Disparities in the receipt of robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: Between- and within-hospital analysis using 2009-2011 California inpatient data. BMJ Open, 5(4):E007409. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2014-007409
- Kim, J., Wehbi, N., DelliFraine, J. Brannon, D. (2013). The joint relationship between organizational design factors and HR practice factors on direct care workers' job satisfaction and turnover Intent. Health Care Management Review, 39(2), 174-184.
- McCaughey,D., McGhan, G., Kim, J., Brannon, D., Leroy, H., & Jablonski,R. (2012). Workforce implications of injury among home health workers: Evidence from the National Home Health Aide Survey. The Gerontologist , 52(4), 493-505.
- American Public Health Association
- Academy of Management