Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2022-present, Healthcare Epidemiologist, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2017-2022, Emergency Medical Services (EMS)/External Cause of Injury Code (E-code) Data Analyst Intern, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2020-2022, State Epidemiologist Assistant (focusing on COVID-19 surveillance and data analyses), Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- 2017-2022, Doctor of Philosophy in Epidemiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology
- 2014-2016, Master of Science in Public Health, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Department of Public Health
- 2011-2014, Master of Science in Developmental Neurobiology, Lanzhou University, China
- 2007-2011, Bachelor of Science in Bioscience, Lanzhou University, China
- Surveillance of infectious diseases reported by healthcare providers and related data science projects
- Data warehouse and initiation of data utilization projects regarding hospitalization based on data science applications such as data integration and visualization
- COVID-19 disease surveillance, including case investigation, hospitalization, death, vaccine breakthrough investigation, and vaccine effectiveness.
- Injury surveillance related research, such as drug overdose, suicide, EMS, and injury ED visit, etc.
- Cross-sectional study, surveillance study, and survey.
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and other liver diseases.
- Yi Du, Lorena Baccaglini, Anthony Johnson, Jagadeesh Puvvula, and Risto H. Rautiainen. Factors Associated with Musculoskeletal Discomfort in Farmers and Ranchers in the US Central States. Journal of Agromedicine (2021): 1-13. DOI: 10.1080/1059924X.2021.1893880
- Liu, Dong, Ge Lin, Xiaoting Sun, Yi Du, Han Liu, and Ming Qu. Different School Reopening Plans on Coronavirus Disease 2019 Case Growth Rates in the School Setting in the United States. Journal of School Health 91, no. 5 (2021): 370-375. DOI: 10.1111/josh.13009
- Jagadeesh Puvvula, Lorena Baccaglini, Anthony Johnson, Yi Du, Jesse E. Bell & Risto H. Rautiainen (2022) Prevalence and Risk Factors for Pulmonary Conditions among Farmers and Ranchers in the Central United States, Journal of Agromedicine, DOI: 10.1080/1059924X.2021.2025180
- Dong Liu, Ge Lin, Han Liu, Dejun Su, Ming Qu, Yi Du. Assessing community-level COVID-19 infection risk through three-generational household concentration in Nebraska, U.S.: An approach for COVID-19 prevention. Preventive Medicine Reports, Volume 26, 2022, 101705, ISSN 2211-355; DOI:10.1016/j.pmedr.2022.101705.
- Dong Liu, Yi Du, Qianru Wu, Zijian Qin, Xiaoting Sun, Han Liu, Robin M. Williams, Antony Chen LW, Ming Qu, Quanyi Wang, Ge Lin. School-Based COVID-19 Case Growth Rates in the US, What a Crowdsourced Dataset Can Tell Us. Annals of Public Health Reports, 2022, Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages 268-275, ISSN: 2642-4924; DOI: 10.36959/856/533