The Department of Health Services Research & Administration, through state and national leadership in rural health services research and education, influences the content and implementation of public policies in ways that improve the health of Nebraskans and people everywhere, with a particular focus on rural residents.
The department will continue to strengthen UNMC's position as a premier academic center in rural health services research and administration by:
- engaging in creative, cutting-edge research related to the delivery, finance, and organization of health care services, including public health services, in rural areas;
- completing and disseminating science-based policy analysis related to programs and initiatives as they are developed;
- providing a link between research results and policy development;
- establishing ongoing collaborations with teams of experts at other institutions and sites; and
- providing graduate education and executive training to scholars and practitioners