Pediatric feeding at Munroe-Meyer Institute
Our pediatric feeding program is an interdisciplinary team of professionals who
- care about children and families.
- have highly specialized training and experience.
- use a scientifically supported approach that includes leaders in the field of pediatric feeding disorders.
We assess and treat children with feeding disorders.
That is all we do -- All day, every day.
We understand that there are children who
- don’t eat at all or could go days without eating.
- eat only a few foods like goldfish crackers, French fries, or cookies.
- gag and cry at the sight of food.
We understand your
- anxiety when your child does not eat.
- frustration when your child does not eat healthy foods.
- concern that things won’t get better.
We understand that
- mealtimes are stressful.
- you lie awake at night worrying about your child’s growth and development.
- you wake up thinking about how your are going to feed your child today.
- others may not understand.
We understand and we can help.
Feeding disorders, like children, come in many “shapes and sizes.”
We can help when your child:
- doesn't eat or drink enough.
- is a picky eater.
- is dependent on tube feeds.
- doesn't eat like children their age.
- has sensory aversions.
- has oral-motor skill deficits.
- has problem behavior at mealtimes.