Annual Student Research Conference
2023 Student Research Conference Awardees Announced
The Research and Development Committee in the UNMC College of Public Health is excited to announce the award winners for most meritorious research of the 2023 College of Public Health Annual Student Research Conference! We had several great submissions and presentations this year and the 2023 winners are:
- Vaibhavi Mone, Health Services Research & Administration PhD student – Sociodemographic variability in telehealth utilization among older adults during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Natalia Santos, Health Promotion PhD student – Measuring Organizational Readiness for Change Among Rural Health Departments in Nebraska
- Sarah Tucker, Environmental, Agricultural & Occupational Health PhD student – Does Profession Matter Towards Perception of Wearable Technology for Health Monitoring in the Field?
- Emma Hymel, Epidemiology PhD student – Agricultural Exposures and Risk of Childhood Neuroblastoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Xiaoqing Wang, Biostatistics MPH student – Understanding COVID-19 Recurrent Hospitalizations Using National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) Enclave Data
- Emiliane Lemos Pereira, Health Promotion PhD student – A systematic literature review of breastfeeding interventions among Black populations using the RE-AIM framework
- Harlan Sayles, Biostatistics PhD student – Meta-analysis of longitudinal quality of life outcomes following cancer treatment
- Rashmi Lamsal, Health Services Research & Administration PhD student – Impact on Paid Sick Leave on Eye Care Utilization Among Working Adults in the U.S.
- Rishad Ahmed, Health Promotion PhD student – The Impact of Insurance on Utilization of Dental Care Among Hispanic/Latinos with Tooth Disorders
- Josiane Kabayundo, Epidemiology PhD student – Bullying, Binge drinking and Marijuana Use among adolescents in Nebraska
Congratulations to all!
Message from Fabio Almeida, PhD, on behalf of the organizing committee: "This year’s conference was organized by the College of Public Health Research & Development Committee and sponsored by the College of Public Health Office of the Dean. On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to thank all students who participated, their research mentors and advisors, and all college staff who provided support and assistance. We hope you will all join us on next year’s annual student research conference!"