Become one of our valued patients!
- Services: We provide comprehensive dental services – exams, cleanings and specialty services.
- Fees: We offer significantly reduced fees compared to regional dental fees because we are focused on education, not profit.
- Our Team: Care is provided by our dental and dental hygiene students and postgraduate residents who are supervised by our nationally renowned faculty members. Our team ensures every patient has a comfortable, personalized experience.
- Insurance: We accept Ameritas, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and MCNA Dental insurance. If you have another type of insurance, we will file a claim to your insurance company. You will then be reimbursed directly by your insurance carrier for covered procedures.
- Payment: We accept check, cash, Discover, MasterCard, VISA and Care Credit.
Your First Appointment
- New patient appointments with students are scheduled for three – four hours. However, appointments may be shorter depending on the complexity of your treatment. During this time, our patients receive high-quality care and our students get important hands-on learning.
- Most appointments begin at 8:00 a.m. or at 1:00 p.m.
- You will receive a comprehensive examination to assess your oral health needs. A student will examine your teeth and mouth and will conduct an oral cancer screening evaluation. Depending on your needs, you may have dental radiographs taken (commonly called x-rays). Radiographs help reveal evidence of oral disease that can’t be seen during the clinical examination.
- Your student dentist will work with faculty to develop a plan for your treatment and discuss the costs and time required. We will provide or manage the treatment to which you agree to consistent with the College of Dentistry Standards of Care.
Continuity of Dental Care
- You will be assigned to one of our student group practices. The group practices are identified with the following colors: Black, Red, Green or Blue groups. Throughout your treatment, you will receive care from students in your color group. Even when the students graduate, you will remain in the same group to provide continuity of your dental care for years to come.
- Two licensed faculty dentists supervise the students in each group. In addition, specialty dentists and other faculty dentists may be involved to help support your care.
- Each group also has dedicated support staff to assist with communication and appointments.
UNMC College of Dentistry
Lincoln Dental Clinic
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Billing & Insurance: 402-472-1333
Emergency after hours (for current patients only): 402-559-0642
First Appointment Reminders
- Free patient parking is available on the east side of the building.
- Children are only allowed in the treatment area for their own dental appointments. Children cannot be left unattended in the reception area.
- Your treatment is a crucial part of our students’ educational program, so it is very important that you come to every scheduled appointment and arrive on time.