Why the UNMC College of Dentistry Pediatric Dentistry Clinic?
Our compassionate dental care team is specially trained to provide exceptional, comprehensive care to all children, including children with behavioral and complex needs.
Our goals are to:
- provide the most positive dental experience for all children
- ensure children feel comfortable and safe while they receive the care they need
- help children establish good oral health behaviors and attitudes that last a lifetime
Our team includes:
- pediatric dentistry experts from the University of Nebraska Medical Center
- postgraduate dental residents training to become pediatric dentists
- dental and dental hygiene students
Children from infants up to 12 years old
Everyone at the UNMC Pediatric Dentistry Clinic did an incredible job caring for my child. They explained everything clearly and answered all my questions. I felt like my child was in the best hands and I can’t thank them enough.
Our Comprehensive Children's Services
- Exams and cleanings, including infant oral health exams
- Sedation for mildly anxious and fearful children
- Preventive services including sealants, fluoride varnish applications, and oral
- Restorative care including fillings and crowns
- Early intervention to address dental growth and developmental problems
- Treatment for oral habits that negatively affect proper growth and alignment of teeth
- Treatment for cleft lip and palate and other craniofacial anomalies
- We provide evaluations and referrals for complex dental and craniofacial conditions. Patients can receive dental care under general anesthesia at our clinic at Children’s Nebraska in Omaha.
- We provide specialized care for patients with intellectual and developmental disabilities at the UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute Caring for Champions Dental Clinic. Patients benefit from the low-sensory environment and personalized dental experience.
Fees & Insurance
As an educational institution, we offer reduced fees compared to regional dental fees, making high-quality dental care more accessible to all.
Insurance we accept:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- MCNA Dental (Nebraska Medicaid)
What to Expect at Your Child's First Visit
- A child’s first dental visit should be by their first birthday, or when the first tooth appears. Then they should visit the dentist every 6 months.
- A child’s first visit will include a thorough exam and may include a cleaning and fluoride treatment.
- Parents are allowed in the dental operatory. We partner with parents to plan treatment to meet each child’s clinical, emotional and developmental needs.
- During appointments, we educate parents on how to help their child build good oral hygiene habits to prevent dental disease.
UNMC College of Dentistry
Pediatric Dentistry Clinic
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Billing & Insurance: 402-472-1333
Emergency after hours (for current patients only): 402-670-6032