Radiation Therapy Education Program Director and Associate Professor
Chair of the Department of Medical Imaging & Therapeutic Sciences
Radiation Therapy Education
Department of Medical Imaging and Therapeutic Sciences
University of Nebraska Medical Center
984545 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4545
Chair, Department of Medical Imaging & Therapeutic Sciences, UNMC, 2016
Associate Professor, Department of Medical Imaging & Therapeutic Sciences, UNMC, 2012
Program Director, Radiation Therapy Program, UNMC, 2000 to present
Assistant Professor, Division of Radiation Science Technology Education, UNMC, 2006
MSRS, Radiation Science Education, Midwestern State University, 2005
BS, Radiography/Radiation Therapy, UNMC, 1993
BS, Biology, UNL, 1990
ARRT certified Radiographer and Radiation Therapist
Primary Teaching Responsibilities:
Orientation to Radiation Therapy
Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy
Treatment Planning and Delivery
Operational Issues in Oncology
Comprehensive Seminar and Board Review
Clinical Oncology I & II - coordinator
Radiation Therapy Physics - coordinator
- Elsevier Publishers; Reviewer of Content- Radiation Therapy: Exam Review and Study Guide
- Contributor to Washington & Leaver’s Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists- Research Grant Award Program, A video Intervention for Head and Neck Cancer Patients: A Pilot Study, Primary Investigator: Jana Koth, Secondary Investigator: Lisa Bartenhagen
- O’Malley Charitable Trust Research Grant, Pediatric XRT Education Program, Primary Investigator Lisa Bartenhagen, secondary Jana Koth
- UNMC Interprofessional Academy of Educators- member; secretary of Simulation interest group
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Board of Trustees
- The Outreach Program for Soccer (TOPS) - Gretna Special Strikers- Volunteer for Special Needs children playing soccer
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists- Member
- Nebraska Society of Radiologic Technologists- Member
- Infantile Spasms Support Group coordinator
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists- Editorial Review Board member
Publications (last 5 years):
Bartenhagen LA (2016) Re: Registry column. Preparing for Continuing Qualification Requirements. Radiation Therapist. 25(1): 106-107.
Bartenhagen LA. (2015) Focus on Safety Column: A look at ASTRO’s Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx). Radiation Therapist. 24(1): 81-83.
Donnelly AD, Mukherjee MS, Koth J, Bartenhagen L. Interprofessional Education in Allied Health Using Virtual Technologies. Accepted for publication 8/12/2016: Journal of Allied Health Professions.
Bartenhagen LA. (2015) Quality improvement in radiation oncology. Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy. Washington and Leaver 4rd Ed. Mosby-Elsevier.
Koth, JL, Bartenhagen LA. (2015) Bone, cartilage, and soft tissue sarcomas. Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy. Washington and Leaver 4rd Ed. Mosby-Elsevier.
Bartenhagen L. (2013). Image-guided Radiation Therapy: Overview. Essential Education software. American Society of Radiologic Technologist.
Bartenhagen LA, Moore K, Koth J. (2013) Cardiac Metastasis: A Case Report. Radiation Therapist.22 (1): 97-102.