Pediatric Physical Therapy Services
You or your child can receive therapy services in the clinic or pool, or if needed, at home or in the community.
Our TeamOur physical therapy team consists of board-certified specialists in
Guiding principlesAs physical therapists, we believe that -
- movement matters for being healthy;
- every person can move on their own, with or without the help of technology;
- fun, function, friends, family, fitness and future are the focus of therapy;
- your child’s and family’s choices and values guide the what, when, why and how of therapy.
ServicesOutpatient PT services are available for:
- Evaluating and treating movement problems that make it hard for you or your child to do the things you/they want to do;
- Improving walking and/or other mobility skills, with or without technology, for everyday activities;
- Helping to set up your home, play or work spaces to improve motor function and independence with daily routines;
- Improving fitness, strength and endurance for children or young adults with developmental disabilities;
- Evaluating and treating problems with your or your child’s pelvic floor. Pelvic floor PT is for urinary or fecal incontinence (bladder or bowel leaks), pelvic pain or sexual health concerns.
- Motor learning and perception-action based intervention approaches;
- Fitness, strength and endurance programs for children with special needs.
- Insurance company name, policy number and policy holder’s name; and
- A prescription from your or your child’s primary care provider that says why PT is needed and in what setting PT is needed.
At your first physical therapy visit you can expectQuestions about:
- Your or your child’s medical and movement history;
- How you move about at home and in the community;
- Equipment or ways you modify your spaces to support motor function; and
- Preferred activities and interests.
- gross motor skills like rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, jumping, etc.
- balance, strength, coordination, motor planning, fitness and flexibility -- the building blocks of all motor skills.
This information helps us set motor goals, plan PT treatment, and develop a home program to support your motor skills, safety and fitness.
Our Clinic Spaces
Our clinic is a new, state of the art space designed to invite children, young adults and families in to explore, move and learn new movement possibilities. We have small play spaces for infants and toddlers that feel safe and ‘homey’ for little hands and feet; wide-open adventure spaces that create opportunities for running, climbing, riding and exploring a variety of movement experiences; and ‘in-between’ sized real and virtual spaces that offer flexibility for any size, movement ability or age of client.Our PT team uses a variety of high and low tech equipment to support therapy services including:
- Zero-G gait and balance system: This robotic system protects you or your child from falls while allowing them to move freely along our 80 foot+ track. See the Zero-G in action at MMI.
- Infinadeck Omnidirectional Treadmill: A brand new device that allows movement in ANY direction while in real or virtual worlds! Talk about movement challenges!
- Virtual Reality for Hand Arm Intensive Bimanual Training: This program is a summer camp for kids with one side weaker than the other.
- Gait Rite: This helps therapists understand how clients walk and if what they are working on in therapy is helping them walk better.
- Keeogo Exoskeleton: A robot that is worn on the hips and legs to help people with disabilities walk by themselves faster or further.
- Total Gym for strength, power and flexibility training and a full fitness facility with a variety of equipment for training endurance, strength and flexibility.
- Biofeedback system and games for Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation: uses signals from the client’s muscles to help therapists understand when the muscles are squeezing or relaxing.
- Our hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Other scheduling options may be available at times.)
- Please call 402-559-6415 to schedule an appointment or to get more information.