Audio/visual equipment and technical support are excluded from the rental rates and will be billed separately to the client for events in the Olson Atrium. Only UNMC staff may operate the equipment. Please consult the Event Coordinator at least two weeks before the event if audio/visual equipment is required. Outside vendors are prohibited unless a piece of equipment is not available at UNMC, in which case only preferred vendors may be used. Audio/visual equipment is not available in the Northwall Plaza.
Podium with gooseneck microphone
- $75 per day
Full audio/visual package
- $200 per day
- Media wall with podium PC for PowerPoint presentations. Gooseneck microphone at podium. Laptop connection also available at the podium.
Wireless handheld microphone (2 available)
- $50 each per day
Lavalier microphone (2 available)
- $50 each per day
Ceiling-mounted cameras and speakers for online meetings & webinars
- No charge for equipment; technical assistance will be needed to get started.
- Ceiling mounted camera on the far side of Atrium facing the podium. Recessed camera at the front of the room for audience view. Camera controls are provided from a touch panel.
Technical assistance to get the event started
- Daytime events (7 AM-5 PM): no charge. Evening (5 PM and later) and weekend events: $100 per hour with a 2-hour minimum.
On-site technical assistance for the duration of the event
- Weekday/daytime events (7 AM-5 PM): $75 per hour with a 2-hour minimum. Evening and weekend events: $100 per hour with a 2-hour minimum.
- Subject to ITS availability. At least 30 –days of notice is required.
Sodexo Catering at Nebraska Medicine is the preferred caterer for events in the Wigton Heritage Center. Their staff will assist in planning your food and beverage needs, including bar set-ups. All billings for catering services are handled directly through Sodexo.
A small catering kitchen is available in the Aita Family Balcony and Olson Atrium areas. Rental items such as: linens, dinnerware, kitchen utensils and service ware can be coordinated through the caterer.
Vendors and Deliveries
All deliveries, pick-ups, and decorations or props must be scheduled in advance with the event coordinator. Vendors must bring their own equipment such as ladders, dollies, and hand trucks.
Vendors should enter through the Sorrell loading dock on 41st and Emile Streets and use the skywalk across 42nd Street to access the Wigton Heritage Center, unless other arrangements have been made. The main south entrance to the Wigton Heritage Center is not a delivery or pick-up site. Items must be picked up the next business day following the event.