College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-9406
Fax: (402) 472-5290
- 1977 Marquette University; D.D.S.
- 1989 Marquette University; M.S. (Materials Science)
- Director, D-1 Operative I Lecture/Lab, Spring Semester
- Director of ARD 326, Dental Materials Science for the Dental Hygienist
- Director of ARD 531, Dental Materials Science for Dental Students
- Faculty member in ARD 555 - Operative II
- Clinical faculty member in ARD 618, 696/696 (Operative Dentistry)
- Mechanical properties of dental materials with an emphasis on composite resins and cements.
- Owens, B.M., Johnson, W.W. Effect of new generation surface sealants on the marginal permeability of Class V resin composite restorations. Operative Dent 31(4):481-488, 2006.
- Owens, B.M., Johnson, W.W. Effect of Preparation Technique, Fissure Morphology, and Material Characteristics on the In Vitro Margin Permeability and Penetrability of Pit and Fissure Sealants. PediaD 29(4):308-14, 2007.
- Owens, B.M., Johnson, W.W. Effect of single step adhesives on the marginal permeability of Class V resin composites. Oper Dent. 32(1):67-72, 2007.
- Selecman, J.B., Owens, B.M., and Johnson, W. Effect of preparation technique, fissure morphology, and material characteristics on the in vitro margin permeability and penetrability of pit and fissure sealants. Pediatric Dentistry 29(4):308-314, 2007.
- Marks, D., Owens, B.M., and Johnson, W.W. Effect of adhesive agent and fissure morphology on the in vitro microleakage and penetrability of pit and fissure sealants. Quint Int 40(9):763-772, 2009.
- Covey, D.A., Barnes, C., Watanabe, H., Johnson, W.W. Effects of a paste-free prophylaxis polishing cup and various prophylaxis polishing pastes on tooth enamel and restorative materials. General Dentistry, 59(6):466-473, 2011.
- Watanabe, H. Kim, E., Piskorski, N.L., Sarsland, J., Covey, D.A., Johnson, W.W. Mechanical Properties and Color Stability of Provisional Restorations Resins. American Journal of Dentistry, 26(5):265-270, 2013.
- Phebus, J.G., Owens, B.M., de Rick, W., Davis, A., Johnson, W.W. Fracture Resistance of Anterior Incisors Using Fiber Reinforced Composite Posts, General Dentistry 62(2):37-42, 2014.
- Kalmowicz, J., Phebus, J.G., Owens, B.M., Johnson, W.W., King, G.T. Microleakage of Class I and II Composite Resin Restorations Using a Sonic-Resin Placement System. Operative Dent, November/December 2015, Vol 40, No. 6, pp. 653-661.
- Tsujimoto, A., Barkmeier, W.W., Takamizawa, T., Watanabe, H., Johnson, W.W., Latta, M.A., Miyazaki, M. Relationship between mechanical properties and bone durability of short fiber-reinforced resin composite with universal adhesive. Eur J Oral; Sci 2016; 1-10.
- Tsujimoto, A., Barkmeier, W.W., Takamizawa, T., Watanabe, H., Johnson, W.W., Latta, M.A., Miyazaki, M. Comparison between universal adhesives and two-step self-etch adhesives in terms of dentin bond fatigue durability in self-etch mode, Eur J Oral Sci; 2017; 125: 215-222.
- Tsujimoto, A., Barkmeier, W.W., Takamizawa, T., Watanabe, H., Johnson, W.W., Latta, M.A., Miyazaki, M. Relationship between enamel bond fatigue durability and surface free-energy characteristics with universal adhesives. Eur J Oral Sci. 2018 (pages not announced at this time)
- Owens, B.M., Phebus, J.G., Johnson, W.W. Evaluation of the marginal integrity of a bioactive restorative material. 32 General Dentistry May/June 2018 Exercise No. 421, p. 37.
- Vice Chair of Research Committee
- Student Research Mentor
- Webmaster for the National C.O.D.E. website
- Reviewer, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, Operative Dentistry
- "Lunch and Learn" Chairperson for 2001 AADR Annual Meeting
- Abstract Reviewer for AADR Annual Meeting
- Faculty Senate member