Dental Hygiene Program Admissions
We are pleased to learn of your interest in applying to the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Department of Dental Hygiene. We look forward to receiving your application for the upcoming academic year. The deadline for application submission is February 1 for the next academic year.
Gwen L. Hlava, Chair - Department of Dental Hygiene
The dental hygiene admission process begins by completing the online application. NOTE: Application is available October 15.
Students are urged to begin application procedures as soon as the online application is available for the current application cycle.
The application must be completed and submitted online by February 1. When completing the online application, you will need to provide the following:
- Three letters of recommendation (optional)
- All college course work entered
- Personal/demographic information
- Program site selection
- Program questions
- Official college transcripts submitted from ALL colleges/universities attended (even if transfer credit is not being used from that institution) as directed in application. ALL must be sent directly to the application service in Massachusetts. DO NOT send directly to the program. This will DELAY verification of your application.
- Application fee of $60 paid within the application submission as directed
Please provide an official high school transcript and ACT report/score directly to the UNMC Dental Hygiene Program via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact the dental hygiene department for further information at 402-472-1433.
The dental hygiene admissions committee notifies all applicants of their acceptance or rejection. Upon notice of acceptance for admission to the dental hygiene program, a letter of intent to enroll and a non-refundable deposit of $300 are required. The full amount of the deposit applies toward payment of tuition and fees when the student enrolls.