Dental Hygiene Program Admissions
We are pleased to learn of your interest in applying to the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Department of Dental Hygiene. We look forward to receiving your application for the upcoming academic year. The deadline for application submission is February 1 for the next academic year.
Gwen L. Hlava, Chair - Department of Dental Hygiene
- Applicants MUST take the Admission Test for Dental Hygiene (ATDH) through the American Dental Association (ADA). Sign Up NOW for the testing cycle from September 1 - October 31. This is the only testing cycle available.
- You will then start the dental hygiene admission process by completing the online application beginning mid-October. The application must be completed and submitted online by February 1. When completing the online application, you will ENTER:
- All college course work information (from your transcripts).
- Personal/demographic information.
- Answers to:
- program campus selection and
- program questions, including an essay about why you are pursuing dental hygiene.
- Up to three letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged.
- Official college transcripts submitted from ALL colleges/universities attended (even if transfer credit is not being used from that institution), as directed in application. ALL must be sent directly to the application service in Massachusetts. DO NOT send directly to the program. This will DELAY verification of your application.
- Complete application by paying $60 fee as directed in the application at the time of submission.
- Provide an official high school transcript and ACT report/score directly to the UNMC Dental Hygiene Program via email to email@example.com. For further information, please contact the department of dental hygiene at 402-472-1433.
- The dental hygiene admissions committee notifies all applicants of their acceptance or rejection. Upon notice of acceptance for admission to the dental hygiene program, a letter of intent to enroll and a non-refundable deposit of $300 are required. The full amount of the deposit applies toward payment of tuition and fees when the student enrolls.