Fall Risk Assessment: Best Practices for Nursing Staff in the Hospital Setting
- Make certain your speakers are turned on before you click the play button on the video to the right.
- The slides will change as the webinar progresses, but you can fast forward by hovering the cursor along the bottom of the slide and dragging the bar along.
- To watch the video in full screen, click the grey box in the lower right corner with the four arrows.
- To exit full screen mode, push your Escape key.
- Printable Handout (pdf)
* The CAPTURE Falls team acknowledges Alfred Health, Victoria, Australia for sharing the FRASS. The FRASS was originally developed by Suzanne Mac Avoy, Teresa Skinner & Maria Hines. Alfred Health has given permission for the hospitals actively engaged in the CAPTURE Falls project to use the FRASS. Other interested facilities should contact:
Harm Free Clinical Consultant
260 Kooyong Road Caulfield
Victoria 3162 Australia
** Permission is needed to use the Johns Hopkins tool. Facilities interested in using the Johns Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment Tool should contact:
Stephanie S. Poe, MScN, RN, Clinical Quality, Department of Nursing, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Administration 220, Baltimore, MD
21287 Email or consult these references:
Poe, SS; Cvach, MM; Gartrell, DG; Radzik, BR; Joy, TL. "An Evidence-based Approach to Fall Risk Assessment, Prevention, and Management Lessons Learned." J Nurs Care Qual. 2005; 20(2): 107–116.
Poe, SS; Cvach, M; Dawson, PB; Straus, H; Hill, EE. "The Johns Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment Tool Postimplementation Evaluation." J Nurs Care Qual. 2007; 22(4): 293–298.