Patients and students encounter a modern, aesthetically pleasing, comfortable environment.
We make an impact on the oral health of Nebraskans through quality patient care.
The latest technology and advances in dentistry are at the heart of dental education at the UNMC College of Dentistry.
The College of Dentistry is known for its extraordinary education, scientific discovery and clinical care — resulting in improved oral health for people of all ages.
Continuing Education programs, available to practicing dentists, are offered through the UNMC's College of Dentistry and present updates on the newest techniques and latest research. In addition to continuing education, the College of Dentistry supports dental professionals with:
- pathology and biomonitoring services
- research results on a wide variety of dental topics, and
- teledentistry services
- Caring for the Youth on Children's Dental Day
- Matt Freyer Honored at ADA National Event
- UNMC Shares New Logo with Hospital Partner, Nebraska Medicine
- Dr. Janet Guthmiller named new dean of UNMC College of Dentistry
- Paul Johnson, D4 Student, Wins ADA Competition
- Student Spotlights
- Work Worth Doing: A Sustained Commitment to Service
- Johnson Receives Phase III CoBRE Renewal
- College Participates In Sealant Program in Burwell
- Larson Fellowship: Well-Deserved Recognition for Paul Hansen, Teacher and Clinician
COD NIH Rank for Federal Fiscal Year 2013
The UNMC College of Dentistry ranked 32nd and, therefore, placed in the top half in National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding to United States dental schools in federal fiscal year 2013.
Learn more about the services of the College of Dentistry on Moms Everyday, a web site with features to educate parents and support good oral health for all family members. Video segments with COD faculty are:
- Welcoming Dean Guthmiller
- Root Canals with Lane Stephenson, D.D.S.
- Teeth Whitening with Julie Marshal, D.D.S, M.S.
- Treatment for Sleep Apnea with Ronald Attanasio, D.D.S., M.S.Ed., M.S.
- Keeping a Cavity Free Mouth with John Reinhardt, D.D.S., M.S., M.P.H.
- Oral Health and Your Overall Health with Brenda Utecht, R.D.H., B.S.
- Periodontal Disease with Amy Killeen, D.D.S., M.S.
- Orthodontics with Peter Spaulding, D.D.S.
- Dental X-Rays with Shawneen Gonzalez, D.D.S., M.S.
- Importance of Abstaining from Tobacco Products with Peter Giannini, D.D.S., M.S.
Impressions: read our newest issue