Posdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2015-Present, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health, UNMC
- 2009-2015, Division of Health Policy and Management, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- 2008-2009, Research Associate, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
- 2006-07 & 2009, Research Associate, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
- 2015, PhD, Health Services Research, Policy & Administration (with an emphasis on Health Decision Science), University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- 2006, MHA, Healthcare Management, Chang Gung University
- 2004, BA, Healthcare Management, Taipei Medical University
- Dr. Michaud is interested in conducting evidence-based economic evaluations of interventions at the clinical or population levels to inform practice guidelines and improve the quality of life for patients. Her approach to research is multidisciplinary and utilizes skills in health services research, decision analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, demography, and comparative effectiveness. She also maintains a personal and genuine interest in population aging, and long-term care for patients with dementia.
- Tzeyu L. Michaud, Dejun Su, Mohammad Siahpush, and Daniel L. Murman. The Risk of Incident MCI and the Progression to Dementia by MCI Subtypes. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders Extra, 2016. (in press)
- Tzeyu L. Michaud, John A. Nyman, Eric Jutkowitz, Dejun Su, Bryan Dowd, and Jean M. Abraham. Effect of Workplace Weight Management on Health Care Expenditures and Quality of Life. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2016. (in press)
- Dejun Su, Junmin Zhou, Megan S. Kelley, Tzeyu L. Michaud, Mohammad Siahpush, Jungyoon Kim, Fernando Wilson, Jim P. Stimpson, José A. Pagán. Does telemedicine improve treatment outcomes for diabetes? A meta-analysis of results from 55 randomized controlled trials. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2016, 116:136-148.
- Tzeyu L. Michaud, Jean Abraham, Hawre Jalal, Russell V. Luepker, Sue Duval, and Alan T. Hirsch. Cost-effectiveness of a statewide campaign to promote aspirin use for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Journal of the American Heart Association, 2015, 4(12): e002321.
- Tzeyu L. Michaud, Robert Kane, John Nyman, Joseph Gaugler, Riley McCarten, and Karen Kuntz. Risk stratification using CSF biomarkers in patients with mild cognitive impairment: an exploratory analysis. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 2015, 47(3): 729-740.
- Eric Jutkowitz, John A. Nyman, Tzeyu L. Michaud, Jean M. Abraham, and Bryan Dowd. For what illnesses is a disease management program most effective? Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2015, 57(2): 117-123.
- Tzeyu L. Michaud, Young Hee Rho, Tatyana Shamliyan, Karen M. Kuntz, and Hyon K. Choi. The comparative safety of TNF inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis update of 44 Trials. The American Journal of Medicine, 2014, 127: 1208-1232.
- Tzeyu Lin, Carol Cheng, and Kuanjeng Chen. Substituting morbidity for fatality: cancer prevalence in Taiwan, 1996-2006. Health and Society: A Journal for Dialogue, 2013, 1 (1): 55-73.
- Society of Medical Decision Making