The Child Health Research Institute (CHRI), an innovative partnership between University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) and Children’s Hospital & Medical Center launched to change – and save – young lives. Established on June 1, 2017 by the University of Nebraska Board of Regents and endorsed by the Children’s Hospital & Medical Center Board of Directors, CHRI is a team of dedicated clinicians, investigators and educators, coming together to improve the lives of children through research. The formalization of CHRI allows us to most effectively promote discovery and innovation to improve children’s health in the state of Nebraska and become a global leader in child health research.
What We Do:
- Promote the health and well-being of children
- Discover new diseases
- Contribute new knowledge about the mechanisms of disease
- Translate research into new tests and novel treatments
- Explore innovative approaches to disease prevention
- Use resources wisely through responsible stewardship