EHS is located in Shackleford Hall.
The mission of UNMC Environmental Health and Safety is to foster a culture of absolute safety for our students, faculty, staff, patients and visitors and to minimize environmental and regulatory risks to UNMC and Nebraska Medicine.
LATEST SAFETY NEWS
- COVID- 19:Information and Resources
- UNMC SARS CoV-2 (COVID-19) Research Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines are now available for researchers. If you have any questions, please contact UNMC Biosafety.
- Respiratory Protection resources are available for employees. This page provides links to a variety of documents and online tools related to respiratory protection.
- Resources are now available for employees experiencing discomfort, pain or safety concerns related to work design. For more information, click here Ergonomics.
- 4 Tips for Improving Ergonomics, No Matter Where You Work
- EHS recently developed new guidelines for Biohazard Waste. Proper disposal of items, installation of red bags, closure of red bags, and closure of red biohazard waste bins are all very important components in the process of proper biohazard waste disposal. Please review the guidance documents for more information.
- New guidelines and templates for chemical and chemical waste labeling are available. For more information, click here Chemical Labeling.
- EHS has launched a new chemical inventory system. For more information, click here Chemical Inventories.