EHS is located in Shackleford Hall.
LATEST SAFETY NEWS
Environmental Services (EVS) has provided disinfectant cleaner and supplies to clean your work space and common space areas. Disinfectant cleaning stations are located throughout campus. A list of locations is available here. Please contact EVS at 402-559-4073 for cleaning station requests. Please note that the disinfectant cleaner being provided at these cleaning stations should not be used on electronic items.
Disinfecting Electronic Items
It is preferred that students, faculty and staff use frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer when using UNMC-owned electronic equipment as the primary method of deterring the spread of Covid-19. If further cleaning is desired, individuals have the option of cleaning UNMC owned electronic devices before use. This includes touch panels, digital signature kiosks, or shared computer's mice and keyboards.
- Use either:
- A pre-saturated cleaning wipe that contains 70% isopropyl alcohol which does not leave a residue.
- Or a microfiber cloth with a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol & 30% water.
- Gently and carefully wipe the non-porous surfaces of the electronic device.
- Allow the cleaning product to dry on its own, do not wipe dry.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap once you are done.
- Use any cleaning product that contains: acetone, ammonia, benzene, chlorine, ethyl alcohol and peroxides
- Spray any liquid directly onto electronic devices.
- Allow any liquid to drip into crevices.
- Apply excessive pressure or force when cleaning.