The INBRE program in Nebraska has aligned their goals with the objectives of the NIH IDeA Program. These goals include:
- Build and strengthen the lead institutions' biomedical research expertise and infrastructure.
- Build and increase the research base and capacity by providing research support to faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students at the participating institutions.
- Provide research opportunities for undergraduate students and serve as a "pipeline" for undergraduate students to continue in health research careers within IDeA states.
- Provide outreach activities to students at undergraduate institutions, community colleges and tribal colleges participating in the state's network.
- Enhance science and technology knowledge of the states workforce.