Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986805 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6805
Our research is focused on the development of new fluorescent imaging contrast agents to guide surgical removal of tumors. We have also developed instruments that could one day be used in the operating room to see these contrast agents real time. As opposed to a paint by number, this is a cut by color technology. We are also interested in developing new drug delivery systems that target tumor metabolism.
My teaching interests are in drug delivery, drug stability, and imaging.
- Stevenson AT, Reese LM, Hill TK, McGuire J, Mohs AM, Shekhar R, Bickford LR, Whittington AR. Fabrication and Characterization of Medical Grade Polyurethane Composite Catheters for Near-Infrared Imaging. Biomaterials. In Press.
- Hill TK, Abdulahad A, Kelkar SS, Marini FC, Long TL, Provenzale JM, Mohs AM. Indocyanine Green-Loaded Nanoparticles for Image-Guided Tumor Surgery. Bioconj. Chem. In Press. PMID: 25565445.
- Mohs AM*, Mancini MC, Provenzale JM, Saba CF, Cornell KK, Howerth EW, Nie S. An integrated widefield imaging and spectroscopy system for contrast-enhanced, image-guided resection of tumors. IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. In Press. PMID: 25585410 *Corresponding author. Cover and Feature Article. Press Coverage: Science Daily; Photonics Online; WSJS Interview.
- Niu G, Sapoznik E, Lu P, Criswell T, Mohs AM, Wang G, Lee SJ, Xu Y, Soker S. Fluorescent imaging of cells in bioengineered blood vessels; the impact of cross-linking of the caffold. J. Tissue Eng. Regen. Med. (Accepted). PMID: 24616385.
- Opie AMT, Bennett JR, Walsh M, Rajendran K, Yu H, Xu Q, Butler A, Butler P, Cao G, Mohs AM, Wang G. (2014) Study of scan protocol for exposure reduction in hybrid spectral micro-CT. Scanning. 36(4):444-455. PMID: 24604215.
- Bennet JR, Opie AMT, Xu G, Yu H, Walsh M, Butler A, Butler P, Cao G, Mohs A, Wang G. (2014) Hybrid true-color micro-CT: system design, implementation & preliminary results. IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 61(2):246-253. PMID: 23996533.
- Mohs AM*, Mancini MC*, Provenzale JM, Singhal S, Leyland-Jones B, Wang MD, Nie S. (2010) Hand-held spectroscopic device for in vivo and intraoperative tumor detection: contrast enhancement, detection sensitivity, and tissue penetration. Anal. Chem. 82(21): 9058-9065. *Denotes equal contribution. PMID: 20925393.
- Provenzale JM, Mohs AM. (2010) Nanotechnology in neurology-current status and future possibilities. US Neurology 6(1):12-17.
- Mohs AM, Provenzale JM. (2010) Applications of nanotechnology to imaging and therapy of brain tumors. Neuroimag. Clin. N. Am. 20(3):283-292. PMID: 20708547.
- Mohs AM, Duan HW, Kairdolf BA, Smith AM, Nie S. (2009) Proton-resistant quantum dots: stability in gastrointestinal fluids and implications for oral delivery of nanoparticle agents. Nano. Res. 2:500-508. PMID: 20379372.