Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies and Associate Professor
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986858 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6858
The research of my group is focused on the development of new fluorescent imaging contrast agents to guide surgical removal of tumors. We have also developed instruments that could one day be used in the operating room to see these contrast agents real time. As opposed to a paint by number, this is a cut by color technology. We also have research projects focused on developing new drug delivery systems that target tumor metabolism and pathogen biosensing.
My teaching interests are focused on pharmacokinetics, imaging, and formulations for oral delivery.
- Olson MT, Ly QP, Mohs AM. Fluorescence Image-Guided Surgery in Surgical Oncology. Mol. Imaging Biol. 2018; (In Press). PMID: 29942988
- Souchek JJ, Wojtynek NE, Payne WM, Holmes MB, Dutta S, Qi B, Datta K, LaGrange CA, Mohs AM. Optimized hyaluronic acid formulation of near infrared fluorophores for surgical detection of a prostate tumor xenograft. Acta Biomater. 2018; (In Press). PMID: 29890268
- Svechkarev D, Kyrychenko A, Payne WM, Mohs AM. Probing the self-assembly dynamics and internal structure of amphiphilic hyaluronic acid conjugates by fluorescence spectroscopy and molecular dynamics simulations. Soft Matter. 2018; 14(23):4762-4771. PMID: 29799600
- Svechkarev D, Sadykov MR, Bayles KW, Mohs AM. A ratiometric fluorescent sensor array as a versatile tool for bacterial pathogen identification and analysis. ACS Sens. 2018;3(3):700-708. PMID: 29504753
- Qi B, Crawford AJ, Wojtynek NE, Holmes MB, Souchek JJ, Almeida-Porada G, Ly QP, Cohen SM, Hollingsworth MA, Mohs AM. Indocyanine green loaded hyaluronan-derived nanoparticles for fluorescence-enhanced surgical imaging of pancreatic cancer. Nanomedicine. 2018;14:769-780. PMID: 29325740
- Payne WM, Svechkarev D, Kyrychenko A, Mohs AM. The role of hydrophobic modification on hyaluronic acid dynamics and self-assembly. Carbohydr. Polym. 2018;182:132-141. PMID: 29279107
- Svechkarev D, Kyrychenko A, Payne WM, Mohs AM. Development of colloidally stable carbazole-based fluorescent nanoaggregates. J. Photochem. Photobiol A. 2018;352:55-64.
- Bhattacharya D, Svechkarev D, Souchek JJ, Hill TK, Taylor MA, Natarajan A, Mohs AM. Impact of structurally modifying hyaluronic acid on CD44 interaction. J Mater Chem B. 2017;5(41):8183-8192. PMID: 29354263
- Souchek JJ, Davis AL, Hill TK, Holmes MB, Qi B, Singh PK, Kridel SJ, Mohs AM. Combination treatment with orlistat-containing nanoparticles and taxanes is synergistic and enhances microtubule stability in taxane-resistant prostate cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2017;16(9):1819-1830. PMID: 28615298
- Hill TK, Kelkar SS, Wojtynek NE, Souchek JJ, Payne WM, Stumpf K, Marini FC, Mohs AM. Near infrared fluorescent nanoparticles derived from hyaluronic acid improve tumor contrast for image-Guided surgery. Theranostics. 2016;6(13):2314–2328. PMID: 27877237