Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986145 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6145
Dr. Avedissian lectures in Infectious Disease and Pharmacokinetics.
Dr. Avedissians’ primary research interests are related to the pharmacokinetic modeling of antibiotics/antivirals in special populations (HIV, critically-ill).
His recent research has focused on developing pharmacokinetic models in clinical and pre-clinical environments. In addition, he has been interested in identifying the mass transit of drugs from the plasma to other compartments in the body and how patient specific conditions/variables effect the pharmacokinetics of a drug. Initial work here at UNMC will focus on integrating with the HIV/TB research group and developing mathematical models to describe the pharmacokinetics of HIV/TB drugs.
- Avedissian SN, Rhodes NJ, Kim Y, Valdez J, Bradley J, Le J. Augmented Renal Clearance Using Aminoglycoside Population-Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling With Bayesian Estimation in Children in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (Accepted).
- Pais G, Liu J, Avedissian SN, Zanthos T, Chalkias A, d’Aloja E, Gilchrist A, Prozialeck W, Rhodes NJ, Lodise TP, Fitzgerald JC, Downes K, Zuppa A, Scheetz MH. Urinary Biomarker and Histopathological Evaluation of Vancomycin and Piperacillin-tazobactam Nephrotoxicity in Comparison with Vancomycin in a Rat Model. PREPRINT: BioRxic
- Avedissian SN, Liu J, Rhodes NJ, Lee A, Pais G, Hauser AR, Scheetz MH. A Review of the Clinical Pharmacokinetics of Polymyxin B. Antibiotics, 2019.
- Pais G, Avedissian SN, O’ Donnell JN, Rhodes NJ, Lodise TP, Prozialeck W, Lamar PC, Cameron C, Gulati A, Fitzgerald JC, Downes K, Zuppa A, Scheetz MH. Comparative Performance of Novel Urinary Biomarkers for Vancomycin Induced Kidney Injury According to Timeline of Injury. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 2019.
- Joshi M, Chang J, Hlukhenka K, Pais G, Avedissian SN, Gulati A., Prozialeck W, Hubka T, Scheetz M, Griffin. Elucidation of Fetal and Maternal Vancomycin-induced Kidney Injury Using a Pregnant Rat Model. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 2019.
- Avedissian SN, Rhodes NJ, NG T, Rao A, Beringer P. The Potential for QTc-Prolongation with Chronic Azithromycin Therapy in Adult Fibrosis Patients. Pharmacotherapy, 2019.
- Aljefri D, Avedissian SN, Rhodes NJ, Postelnick M, Scheetz MH. Vancomycin Area under the Curve and Acute Kidney Injury: A Meta-analysis. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2018.
- Avedissian SN, Pais G, Joshi M, Rhodes NJ, Scheetz MH.A Translational Pharmacokinetic Rat Model of Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF) and Plasma Concentrations of Cefepime Neurotoxicity. mSphere, 2018.
- Avedissian SN, Pais G, O’ Donnell JN, Lodise TP, Liu J, Prozialeck W, Joshi M, Lamar PC, Becher L, Gulati A, Hope W, Scheetz MH. 24-Hour Pharmacokinetic Relationships for Intravenous Vancomycin and Novel Urinary Biomarkers of Acute Kidney Injury in a Rat Model. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- Avedissian SN, Rhodes NJ, Liu J, Aljefri D, Postelnick M, Sutton S, Zembower T, Martin D, Pais G, Cruce C, Scheetz MH. Understanding the Components, Calculation and Impact of Monthly and Seasonal Variation of the SAAR: Illustrate Data. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 2018.