Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986145 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6145
Phone: (402) 559-3982
Cell: (402) 214-5498
Fax: (402) 559-5673
Dr. Dobesh is the Cardiology Section Coordinator in the Pharmacotherapy I course. He also co-coordinates the Pharmaceutical Care II course and teaches the physical assessment portion of the course. Dr. Dobesh serves as the primary preceptor for the Cardiology Clerkship, as well as for an elective clerkship in the nation of Belize.
Dr. Dobesh is responsible for teaching pharmacy and medical students as well as pharmacy and medical residents and lectures in the area of ischemic heart disease, antithrombotic therapy, and other cardiology and critical care topics. Dr. Dobesh has conducted research on antiplatelet and antithrombotic therapy, focusing on real-world utilization and health-economics. He has also published book chapters and several manuscripts in this area.
- Beavers CJ, Effoe SA, Dobesh PP. Selatogrel: a novel subcutaneous P2Y12 inhibitor. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2021:DOI: 10.1097/FJC.0000000000001079
- Dering-Anderson AM, Mone MA, Dobesh PP. When the simulation becomes real. Am J Pharm Educ 2021: DOI: https://doi.org/10.5688/ajpe8552
- The INSPIRATION Investigators. Intermediate-dose versus standard-dose prophylactic anticoagulation in patients with COVID-19 admitted to the intensive care unit: 90-day results from the INSPIRATION randomized trial. Thromb Haemost 2021: doi:10.1055/a-1485-2372.
- The INSPIRATION Investigators. Effect of intermediate-dose vs standard-dose prophylactic anticoagulation on thrombotic events, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation treatment, or mortality among patients with COVID-19 admitted to the intensive care unit: The INSPIRATION randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2021;325:1620-1630.
- Dobesh PP, Kernan MM, Lueschen JJ. Direct oral anticoagulants in the treatment of venous thromboembolism: use in patients with advanced renal impairment, obesity, or other weight-related special populations. Semin Respir Crit Care Med 2021;42:233-249.
- Dobesh PP, Trujillo TC. Coagulopathy, venous thromboembolism, and anticoagulation in patients with COVID-19. Pharmacotherapy 2020;40:1130-1151.
- Dobesh PP, Finks SW, Trujillo TC. Dual antiplatelet therapy for long-term secondary prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular events. Clin Ther 2020;42:2084-2097.
- Cochran GL, Foster JA, Klepser DG, Dobesh PP, Dering-Anderson AM. The impact of eliminating backward navigation on computerized exam scores and completion time. Am J Pharm Educ 2020;84:1620-1626 (Article 8034).
- Tomaselli GT, Mahaffey KW, Cuker A, Dobesh PP, Doherty JU, Eikelboom JW, Florido R, Gluckman TJ, Hucker W, Mehran R, Messe SR, Perino AC, Rodriguez F, Sarode R, Siegal D, Wiggins BS. 2020 ACC expert consensus decision pathway on management of bleeding in patients on oral anticoagulants: a report of the American College of Cardiology Solution Set Oversight Committee. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020;76:594-622.
- Coleman CI, Dobesh PP, Danese S, Ulloa J, Lovelace B. Real-world management of oral factor Xa inhibitor-related bleeds with reversal or replacement agents including andexanet alfa and four-factor prothrombin complex concentrate: a multicenter study. Future Cardiol 2020; Jul 3: DOI: 10.2217/fca-2020-0073.