Inpatient Pharmacy Supervisor
Department of Pharmaceutical and Nutrition Care
Clinical Assistant Professor - Pharmacy Practice and Science
University of Nebraska Medical Center - College of Pharmacy
981090 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
Teaching Activities: Dr. Trevarrow lectures in the Cardiology Section of Pharmacotherapy II. Dr. Trevarrow is a preceptor for the APPE Ambulatory Cardiology clerkship rotation and the IPPE Drug Information clerkship rotation. He is also a preceptor for the PGY-1 resident Ambulatory Cardiology rotation and co-preceptor for the PGY1 resident Adult Cardiology rotation.
Research Interests: In addition to teaching pharmacy students and residents, Dr. Trevarrow’s interests lie in anticoagulation protocol development, anticoagulant reversal agents and heart failure. Dr. Trevarrow has conducted research into institutional use of emergent anticoagulant reversal and in heart failure education directed at reducing hospital readmissions.
- Dobesh P, Trevarrow, B Betrixaban: Safely Reducing Venous Thromboembolic Events with Extended Prophylaxis, in print, American Journal of Medicine, March, 2019.
- Martin, N, Trevarrow B. Comparison of supratherapeutic and subtherapeutic laboratory results involving continuous infusion bivalirudin before and after implementation of pharmacist-driven DVT/PE dosing protocols. American Society of Health System Pharmacists, Mid-Year Clinical Meeting poster session Orlando, Florida, December 2017
- Wiley T, Dobesh P, Trevarrow B. Management of Bleeding Complications in Patients on Oral Anticoagulation: A National Survey of Pharmacists.American College of Clinical Pharmacy 2017 Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Trevarrow B, Dobesh P, Wolfe,M , Gundabolu K, Use of a 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate for warfarin reversal prior to urgent surgery. Submitted: International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2017 Congress, Berlin, Germany.
- Dobesh, P, Trevarrow B, Guiliano K, Malinowski P, Duncan C., Gundabolu K. Comparison of management strategies for patients with warfarin-induced bleeding. International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2017 Congress, Berlin, Germany.
- Dobesh, P, Trevarrow B, Guiliano K, Malinowski P, Duncan C, Gundabolu K. Use of 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate for management of warfarin-induced major bleeding.
Society of Critical Care Medicine 2017 Critical Care Congress, Honolulu, HI
- Willis, S. Trevarrow B. Impact of implementing a pharmacist-driven continuous infusion unfractionated heparin protocol at an academic medical center. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Mid-Year Clinical Meeting poster session, Las Vegas, NV, December, 2016
- Oliphant CS, Trevarrow BJ, Dobesh PP: Clopidogrel Response Variability: Review of the Literature and Practical Considerations. Journal of Pharmacy Practice, February 2016, 29: 26-34.
- Gundabolu K, Trevarrow B, Koepsell S. Efficacy and Safety of Four Factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrates As a Reversal Agent for Oral Xa Inhibitors. Blood: 126 (23), 4668. Dec 3, 2015