Memberships are available to Nebraska Medicine employees, along with UNMC faculty, employees, staff, alumni, and volunteers.
The Center for Healthy Living offers a range of recreational activities and organized leagues. Check out our intramural website and social media pages to learn about opportunities to stay active!
Through its Center for Healthy Living, UNMC offers health promotions activities and services to encourage wellness among its employees and students.
The Center for Healthy Living offers fitness classes and assessments for a health-oriented approach to physical activity.
New extended hours coming for the CFHL. Starting Monday, August 24 the hours will be extended to the following:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday: 5:30 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Reservation limits will also be adjusted so more user can utilize the facility while still maintaining social distancing.
July 1, 2020
Hello Center for Healthy Living Members,
We are open! As of July 1, 2020 the Center for Healthy Living is open with a limited capacity and reduced hours. As time goes on, we plan to extend our hours and gradually expand capacity. Our aim is to provide an environment that is as safe and clean as we possibly can.
In order to help us maintain adequate social distancing, use of the gym is by reservation only. Reservations must be placed through EZFacility Self-Service. To gain access to the self-service portal, contact us by phone or email and share the following pieces of information: your name, preferred email address, and the date that you would like your membership to be reactivated.
Once we have your information, you will receive an email invitation to activate your profile by creating a username and password that will be linked to your membership account. You will also receive a follow-up email with our current usage policies.
We ask everyone to abide by the following guidelines. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in loss of reservation privileges.
- The facility has been divided into three zones (cardio, weight room, & walking track), and the daily schedule for each zone has been divided into 30-minute sessions.
- Reservations for any of these 3 zones may be made up to one week in advance.
- Each member is allowed to use the gym for a maximum of two sessions (60 minutes) each day.
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of two hours prior to the beginning of a reservation.
- Students or members who cancel a reservation less than 2 hours prior to the booked time or who fail to show up for a reservation may lose reservation privileges.
- We are not allowing guests or daily drop-ins at this time.
- Mask must be worn while in the CFHL (arriving, departing, moving between machines, in the stairwell, and in the locker rooms). The only exception to the mask policy is while performing cardiovascular exercise on designated cardio machines or in the gymnasium. We have installed hooks on the cardio equipment where masks may be hung.
- Please leave the area as you found it. Wipe down any equipment you have used. Signs will be displayed on some machines to indicate if they have been disinfected or not.
- In rare instances, your reservation may be voided if the space is needed by CFHL administration. Prior notification will be given
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our reduction of hours and services. We are working diligently to safely increase our hours and bring back services like our fitness classes.
Even though the Center for Healthy Living is open, all memberships are frozen (put on hold) until the membership is re-activated.
Take care and stay healthy - CFHL Management
|Fitness Classes||Kids & Family||Cycling||Exercise|
∇ Closures and openings happen daily. Please check before heading out.
Fitness resources from the Center for Healthy Living are now accessible remotely! You will now be able to view some of your favorite instructor-led fitness classes, short 5-10 minute workouts to help you break away from your desk, and fun weekly "challenges" here on our website and on social media!
Total Body Blast
Ashley has redesigned the workouts in Total Body Blast to be performed from home without the need for any special gym equipment. Instead, she will demonstrate how to do these exercises with everyday objects commonly found at home.
New installments of Total Body Blast will stream on the Center for Healthy Living's Facebook and Instagram. To stay in the loop, follow the Center for Healthy Living (@UNMCCFHL) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Center for Healthy Living playlist on the UNMC YouTube account!
Memberships, intramural sports, special events, and fitness classes are available to all UNMC, UNO & Nebraska Medicine faculty, staff, students, retirees, alumni, volunteers, contracted employees & affiliated organizations.
The facility includes: multi-purpose gymnasium, men’s & women’s locker rooms, health & fitness classrooms, massage room and the Thomas M. Heiser Strength & Fitness Facility.
Fitness services like consultations can get you started towards your fitness goals. Plus, health programs like campus blood drives, massage and walk/run/cycle training programs are offered throughout the year.