Bocce is back for 2018!
Games will be played Monday evenings for 5 weeks. The season will conclude with a postseason playoff tournament. Championship T-shirts will be awarded to the tournament winners.
- 5:00 - 7:30 pm
- 5 weeks
- Important Dates
- Practice Night: April 30
- Registration Deadline: Sunday, May 6
- Season begins: May 7
- 2 - 6 players
- May be co-ed; there are no restrictions based on gender
- Games played at the Ruth and Bill Scott Student Plaza, between the Ice Rink and Hope Tower
- Registration Fee: $20/team
Never played? No problem!
Bocce is a breeze for new players to learn. Similar to UNMC's Curling League in the winter, many of the previous Bocce league participants had little or no prior experience at the start of the season. The video below gives a brief overview of the general rules of the game.
How to sign up
- A team captain must sign up online through EZLeagues (click here to sign up now)
- Once a captain has created a team, he or she must:
If you encounter any issues, please direct any questions to the Intramural Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the Center for Healthy Living front desk (402-559-5254).
Who may sign up?
Registration for Intramural Bocce is open to UNMC/Nebraska Medicine staff, faculty, students volunteers, retirees, and the spouse/parents/children (aged 18 or older) of someone who belongs to any of the previously mentioned groups.
In addition, individuals who don't belong to any of the previously mentioned groups may participate. The number of non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals allowed on a team is subject to sport-specific limitations. In this case, Bocce teams must be composed of at least 50% UNMC/Nebraska Medicine participants.