The Spring 2018 Futsal (Indoor Soccer) season is nearly finished. Futsal will return this September for the Fall 2018 season.
Futsal is a variation of soccer played indoors on a solid floor. Anybody that is familiar with the basics of soccer will have no trouble picking up futsal. Futsal matches at UNMC will be played 5 vs. 5 (4 field players + 1 goalie). A minimum of 4 players must be present to start a match. Matches will consist of two 15-minute halves separated by a 5-minute halftime break. Time will be kept on a running clock with no stoppages. Unlimited substitutes are allowed, and may be made on-the-fly.
General Information - Spring 2017 season
- Sunday evenings
- 4:00 - 8:00 PM
- January 28 - April 22
- 1 practice week + 7 weeks of round-robin play + 3 weeks of tournament play
- Teams may be Co-ed with a minimum of 5 players, however, there are no restrictions placed on the number of players of either gender on a team.
- Games will be played in the Center for Healthy Living Gymnasium
Registration Fee: $95/team
How do I sign up?
Registration is now closed for the Spring 2018 season. Information for the Fall 2017 season will be posted to this page as it becomes available
During the registration window, teams sign up through EZLeagues.
- Simply follow the registration link to EZLeagues that will be made available on this page
- Fill out the required fields at the bottom of the page and select "Submit Registration". You will receive a confirmation message once your registration has been received.
- You may then pay the registration fee at the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living in the form of cash, credit, or check.
If you don't have enough players for a full team, if you encounter any issues during registration, or if you'd simply like more information about this or other leagues, please don't hesitate to contact the Intramural Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who may participate?
- Registration for Intramural Futsal is open to UNMC/Nebraska Medicine staff, faculty, students volunteers, retirees, and the spouse/parents/children (aged 18 or older) of someone who belongs to any of the previously mentioned groups.
- In addition, individuals who don't belong to any of the previously mentioned groups may participate. The number of non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals allowed on a team is subject to sport-specific limitations.
- Futsal teams may only have 2 non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals.
If you have any questions, please direct them to the Intramural Coordinator by email at email@example.com.