The second session of Futsal (Indoor Soccer) begins next Thursday, November 2.
Futsal, a variation of soccer, is a new league at UNMC for Fall 2017. Games will be played Thursday evenings at the Center for Healthy Living Gym. Anybody that is familiar with the basics of soccer should have no trouble picking up futsal.
Futsal matches at UNMC will be played 5 vs. 5 (4 field players + 1 goalie). A minimum of 4 players must be present to start a match. Matches will consist of two 15-minute halves separated by a 3 minute half time period. Time will be kept on a running clock with no stoppages. Unlimited substitutes will be allowed, and may be made on-the-fly.
The Futsal league will be divided into First and Second Divisions.
Registration is still open for the second session of Fall 2017 Futsal. This session will be 5 weeks and will be played Thursday, November 2 through Thursday, December 7 with a week-long break during the week of November 20.
- Thursday evenings
- Nov 2 - Dec 7
- 5 - 10:00 pm
- Teams may be co-ed with a minimum of 5 players
- The league will be divided into first and second divisions
- Games will be played in the Center for Healthy Living Gymnasium
Registration Fee: $60/team
How to sign up
- Captains may do so directly through EZLeagues (our new intramural service)
- Once a captain has created a team, he or she may add their teammates information OR teammates may sign up themselves as add-ons using the same link.
Individuals without a team must sign up here through EZLeagues. Once registered, an individual may a) choose to be added to team in need of players OR b) form a new team with other individuals unattached to a team.
If you encounter any issues, please direct any questions to the Intramural Coordinator (email@example.com) or to the Center for Healthy Living front desk.
Who may participate?
- Registration for intramural futsal is open to UNMC/Nebraska Medicine staff, faculty, students volunteers, retirees, and the spouse/parents/children (aged 18 or older) of someone who belongs to any of the previously mentioned groups.
- In addition, individuals who don't belong to any of the previously mentioned groups may participate. The number of non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals allowed on a team is subject to sport-specific limitations.
- In this case, futsal teams may only have 2 non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Intramural Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-559-5093.