The 2018 season is underway!
Registration is still open for substitute golfers and golfers already on a team only. No new teams will be accepted. Click here to sign up today
2018 Weekly Stats
Schedule, Rules, & Other Info
WorksheetsEZ Leagues - 2017 Intramural Golf League
- Thursday evenings
- May 3 - August 16
- 9 holes, split evenly between front & back 9
- Tee times: 5:00 - 5:45 pm
- Important Dates
- Registration Deadline: April 18
- Captain's meeting: April 19 @ 3:00pm in the Student Life Center (SLC)
- Play begins: May 3, 2018
- Weekly matches are 4 v 4
- Teams may be co-ed; there are no restrictions based on gender
- Each team may have 4 - 10 players on its roster.
- Calculated based on a golfer's gross scores from the 5 most recent matches
- New golfers - handicaps will be established after 2 matches, meaning no handicap until third match
- Returning golfers - starting handicap calculated based on average of previous years (going back a maximum of 3 years)
- Carts - Teams may rent golf carts if they choose.
- Half cart - $9.00
- Rules: Click here
- League fees: $60 team registration fee + $896 green fees ($64/team per week) = $956.00 Total
About the League
UNMC will return to Elmwood Golf Course Thursday evenings beginning May 3. One of UNMC's longest running and most popular leagues, the Intramural Golf League offers Nebraska Medicine and UNMC faculty, staff, students, families and friends a chance to get outside and enjoy the fresh air together on the links each week with the added spice of some healthy competition. Although its ranks are graced by the occasional scratch golfer, this is an inclusive league with players of all ages and skill levels, offering both competition and recreation.
Teams may be coed and are composed of a minimum of 4 players, maximum of 10 players, giving squads the flexibility to rotate the 4 who are selected represent their side from week-to-week. The season is played in a round-robin format with teams scheduled to face a new opponent every Thursday. Each week, all four players from both teams will be matched with one of their four opponents based on handicap. They will compete for nine holes of medal and match play.
Handicaps will be determined based on a player's gross scores from the 5 most recent outings. Returning players will begin the new season with a handicap taken from the average of their past 3 seasons. New players will not have an established handicap for their first 2 nights. On each of their first 2 nights of play, they will be given a temporary handicap (calculated after playing, based on their gross score that night). Following the completion of their second night of play, new players will be able to find their handicaps on EZLeagues, on the weekly sheets posted at Elmwood, or on the Golf page of the Intramural website.
Teams compete for the coveted Intramural Championship T-shirts, awarded at the end of the summer. In addition, the team with the best record over the course of the season will be immortalized on the traveling trophy - which is theirs to keep during the year of their reign.
How to sign up
- Create/submit a new team online through EZLeagues (click here to sign up now)
- Complete a team roster, available as an editable PDF form (click here)
- save all changes
- submit the roster form to the intramural coordinator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver it to the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living
- Pay the team registration fee ($60.00) at the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living
If you encounter any issues, please direct any questions to the Intramural Coordinator (email@example.com) or to the Center for Healthy Living front desk (402-559-5254).
Who may sign up?
Registration for Intramural Golf is open to UNMC/Nebraska Medicine staff, faculty, students volunteers, retirees, and the spouse/parents/children (aged 18 or older) of someone who belongs to any of the previously mentioned groups.
In addition, individuals who don't belong to any of the previously mentioned groups may participate. The number of non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals allowed on a team is subject to sport-specific limitations. In this case, IM Golf teams may have a maximum of 3 non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals.