The May session of Intramural Soccer is underway!
Soccer is back by popular demand on Tuesday evenings. Games are played 6v6 on a natural grass field with two 18-minute halves separated by a 5-minute halftime break. Games are played at the Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart soccer field.
For Summer 2018, there will be 2 separate 5-week sessions of soccer. Teams are invited to participate in both sessions if they are able.
- Summer-1: The first session (the May session) will be played in a standard round-robin format.
- Summer-2: In celebration of the 2018 World Cup that will be held this summer in Russia, the second session (July session) will be played in a tournament format, including a group stage for subsequent placement into a knockout stage.
- Tuesday evenings
- 5 - 9:00pm
- May Session (Summer-1)
- May 8 - June 5
- League round-robin
- July Session (Summer-2)
- June 19 - July 24
- Tournament - Group stage round robin followed by knockout round
- Teams may be coed and must have a minimum of 6 players
- There will be NO restrictions on players based on gender.
- However, teams may be split into separate divisions before the season begins depending on league enrollment.
- Games will be played @Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart soccer field
- Natural grass field
- 3601 Burt St, Omaha, NE 68131
Registration Fee: $75 per team
How do I sign up?
Create a Team
A team captain must first sign up online through EZLeagues (click here to sign up for the May session)
- fill out a roster form (available here)
- save all changes
- submit the roster form to the intramural coordinator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver it to the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living
If you don't have a team
Individuals without a team must sign up through EZLeagues. Once registered, an individual may a) choose to be added to team in need of players OR b) form a new team with other individuals unattached to a team.
If you encounter any issues, please direct any questions to the Intramural Coordinator (email@example.com) or to the Center for Healthy Living front desk (402-559-5254).
Who may sign up?
Registration for Intramural Soccer is open to UNMC/Nebraska Medicine staff, faculty, students volunteers, retirees, and the spouse/parents/children (aged 18 or older) of someone who belongs to any of the previously mentioned groups.
In addition, individuals who don't belong to any of the previously mentioned groups may participate. The number of non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals allowed on a team is subject to sport-specific limitations. In this case, Intramural Soccer teams must be composed of fewer than 50% of non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Intramural Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.