Resources for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Education
Below are resources specifically curated for faculty education on topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
21-Day/Week Anti-Racism Challenge
The UNMC Office of Inclusion encourages everyone to take the 21-Day/Week Anti-Racism Challenge to help bring about change in social injustice especially as it relates to issues of racism, power, and privilege. The Inclusion Office has partnered with the McGoogan Library of Health Sciences to provide a myriad of resources for your journey.
- Use the tracking chart provided to stay on course. Make a copy or download the file to enable editing (go to File – Save a Copy or File – Download as Microsoft Excel).
- For additional accountability, sign up for this automated challenge tracking tool that sends you a daily email or text message.
Anti-Racist Pedagogy Reading List
Take action as an educator! Here is a working list of literature to help you understand and implement antiracist pedagogy in higher education.
Please email email@example.com with additional sources.
UNMC THRIVE Downloadable Guide on Microaggressions
(click image to download)
Past Faculty Development events and training materials related to unconscious bias and microaggressions:
- Leon S. McGoogan Health Sciences Library Research Guide
A guide of books, articles, and suggested educational materials for those who want to learn more about anti-racism and the experiences of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
- Office of Community Engagement | CityMatch Resources
A link to a list of community essential resources
- Critical Practices for Anti-Bias Education (Teaching Tolerance)
This critical practices guide offers practical strategies for creating a space where academic and social-emotional goals are accomplished side by side.
- AAMC Diversity Resources