Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Department of Pharmaceutical and Nutrition Care
Clinical Assistant Professor - Pharmacy Practice and Science
University of Nebraska Medical Center - College of Pharmacy
988125 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
Teaching Activities: Dr. Shin serves as a preceptor for the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Ambulatory Care rotation.
Research Interests: Dr. Shin’s research interests include interdisciplinary education, pharmacy student and resident education, and pharmacist-driven chronic disease management.
- Ko J, Chan E, Doroudgar S. Patient perspectives of barriers to naloxone obtainment and use in a primary care, underserved setting: A qualitative study. Subst Abus. 2021;1–10.
- Boyce EG, Harris CS, Bingham AL, Chan E, Chapman SA, Chilbert MR, Dy-Boarman E, Haines ST, Heavner MS, Marcus KB, Smith SE, Strnad K, Yunker NS. ACCP Position Statement: Striving for excellence in experiential education. J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2020;3:692–695.
- Boyce EG, Harris CS, Bingham AL, Chan E, Chapman SA, Chilbert MR, Dy-Boarman E, Haines ST, Heavner MS, Marcus KB, Smith SE, Strnad K, Yunker NS. ACCP White Paper: Striving for excellence in experiential education. J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2020;3:678–691.
- Chan E, Doroudgar S, Huang J, Ip E. Interprofessional Education on Medication Adherence: Peer-to-Peer Teaching of Osteopathic Medical Students. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2020; 120(4):218-227.
- Chan E, Dang M, Doroudgar S, Ip E. Impact of Pharmacy Student-Led Peer-to-Peer Teaching on Physician Assistant Student Knowledge, Confidence, and Attitudes in Medication Adherence. Poster presented at: 2019 American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting; December, 2019; Las Vegas, NV.
- Lindfelt T, Ip E, Doroudgar S, Chan E. Pharmacy Faculty Work-Life Balance and Career Satisfaction: Comparison of National Survey Results from 2012 and 2018. Poster presented at: 2019 American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting; December, 2019; Las Vegas, NV.
- Ignoffo R, Chan L, Knapp K, Chan E, Ip E, Bandy J, Besinque K, Colbert J, Duby JJ, Galanto JS, Gloudeman M, Havard P, Lackey G, Lozano E, Scott J, Stewart TL. Efficient and effective precepting of pharmacy students in acute and ambulatory care rotations: A Delphi expert panel study. Am J Health Syst Pharm.2017;74(19):1570-78.
- Ho MJ, Chan E, Fan-Havard P, Thompson C, Hess JM. The Effects of Leadership Involvement and Part-time Employment on Pharmacy Student Academic Performance. Pharmacy Education. 2014; 14(1):57-63.
- Chan E, Fan-Havard P, Hess JM, Sauberman M, Thompson C, Ho MJ. The impact of part-time employment and leadership on academic success. Poster presented at: 2013 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting; July, 2013; Chicago, IL.