Vice President of Pharmacy and Therapeutics for Nebraska Medicine
and Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Kyle Skiermont is the Vice President of Pharmacy and Therapeutics for Nebraska Medicine and Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs at UNMC College of Pharmacy. He received his PharmD from the UNMC College of Pharmacy. Dr. Skiermont is responsible for strategy and overall operations of Nebraska Medicine’s pharmacy program.
Kyle has spent 20+ years in pharmacy including traditional retail, clinic-based retail, outpatient pharmacy at an academic health center, community and home infusion, specialty, and mail order. In addition, he is a frequent media and professional spokesperson on a variety of pharmacy topics.
Dr. Skiermont is a member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) and serves as the board liaison to the clinical outcomes committee. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board.
- Skiermont K. Indecision is Not an Option: Understanding the Range of Business Models for Health-System Specialty Pharmacy. Specialty Pharmacy Times 2018; 9(1).
- Peterson J, Budlong H, Affeldt T, Skiermont K, Kyllo G, Heaton A. Biosimilar Products in the Modern U.S. Health Care and Regulatory Landscape. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy 2017; 23(12).
- Skiermont K. Brave New World: What the Trend Away from Fee-for-Service Means for Health-System Pharmacy. Specialty Pharmacy Times 2017; 8(6).
- Skiermont K. Breaking out of Isolation: The Value of Clinical Integration in Health System Specialty Pharmacy. Specialty Pharmacy Times 2017; 8(5).
- Westberg S, Derr S, Weinhandl E, Adam T, Brummel A, Lahti J, Reidt S, Sick B, Skiermont K, St Peter W. Drug Therapy Problems Identified by Pharmacists Through Comprehensive Medication Management Following Hospital Discharge. Journal of Pharmacy Technology 2017; 33(3).
- Skiermont K. Minding the Gap: Why Access to the Electronic Medical Record Matters in Specialty Pharmacy. Specialty Pharmacy Times 2016; 7(5).
- Skiermont K. The Sleeping Giant: Health Systems Awaken to the Opportunities and Risks of Entering the Specialty Pharmacy Arena. Specialty Pharmacy Times 2016; 7(4).