Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986145 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6145
Dr. Sobeski is the course coordinator/primary instructor for Pharmaceutical Care I (PHPR 552) and co-coordinator/lecturer in the Advanced Geriatric Therapeutics (PHPR 689) elective course. She coordinates the psychiatry and geriatrics sections of Pharmacotherapeutics IV (PHPR 678) and lectures in the pharmacotherapeutics series and other courses on topics related to geriatric medicine. Dr. Sobeski precepts 4th year students in the Geriatric Ambulatory Care Clinic Clerkship (PHPR 766).
Dr. Sobeski is a member of the interprofessional Geriatric Assessment Program Team at the Home Instead Center for Successful Aging. She serves as a pharmacist consultant for Mosaic of Omaha, Inc. and the Nebraska Medicaid Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
Dr. Sobeski’s scholarship focus is in area of inappropriate medication use in the elderly and clinical geriatric education. She is currently collaborating with the UNMC Geriatrics Section on a Reynolds Foundation grant to improve physician training in interprofessional care.
- Kerhli MK, Sobeski Farho L, Klepser D. Oral bisphosphonate use in patients with osteoporosis receiving geriatric primary care (Abstract/Poster). 46thASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, New Orleans, LA, December 4-8, 2011.
- Kim J, Klepser D, Farho L. Glycemic control associated with metformin use in geriatric patients with renal impairment (Abstract/Poster). 46thASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, New Orleans, LA, December 4-8, 2011.
- Sobeski Farho LM. Clinically Significant Drug Interactions. Family Medicine Review Course (DVD). CMEinfo, Oakstone Publishing Group. Birmingham, AL: 2010.
- Sobeski Farho LM. APPENDIX 4: Drug-Laboratory Test Interferences. In Clinical Drug Data, 11th ed. Smith KM, Riche DM, Henyan, NN, eds. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Medical, 2010.
- Farho LM, Dobesh PP. Pharmacy Students in Belize: Exposure to cultural competence and social responsibility (Poster/Abstract). American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy 2008 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, July 20-21, 2008.