Public Health Practice Council
Establish and enhance shared partnerships between academic and practice-based partners in Nebraska in an effort to build and sustain channels for interaction and increase the capacity of each to improve the public’s health.
A guiding principle of this council is to hold shared power and build trust among all partners.
Through collaborative efforts of academic and practice communities, the Council will provide a forum for discussion and planning, and will offer recommendations for educating and training Nebraska’s public health workforce.
The specific goals of this Council are to:
- Continually assess the current and future education and training needs of Nebraska’s PH workforce. (focus in year 1)
- Encourage and promote the development and delivery of education and training programs to address needs and priorities of the PH workforce. (focus in year 1)
- Leverage resources to build and sustain the PH workforce.
- Identify and address specific opportunities and barriers to collaboration with state, tribal and national public health initiatives.
- Encourage and assist with PH workforce recruitment and retention.
- Encourage and advocate for cultural competence, awareness, and diversity in the PH workforce.
- Advise the HRSA-funded Great Plains Public Health Training Center (Great Plains PHTC).