Welcome to the first episode of the Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology podcast series.
This episode includes the following:
- Discuss the use of Premedication
- What medications should one have immediately available during and after induction?
- Pre-induction monitors, lines and the Time-Out
- Discuss Common Cardiac Induction techniques and how they differ from non-cardiac cases.
- Discussion of goals of induction for various cardiac surgical patients.
- Talk about airway management
- History of the “High Narcotic” induction
- Discuss Narcotics vs Nitroglycerin for blood pressure management
- Discuss first-line medication for post-induction hypotension
- R-2 Pads and other topics
The information presented in this podcast is the expressed opinion of the individuals appearing on this episode and does not necessarily represent those of the cardiac team, Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, or the UNMC Department of Anesthesiology. The content presented herein is to serve as additional education, in line with the Division’s education syllabus and is not meant to be a replacement for reading texts or journal articles pertinent to the topics discussed.