Welcome to the third episode of the Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology podcast series.
This episode includes the following:
- What are you looking at? (01:37)
- When do you start your echo exam, and can you make calls on bypass? (09:45)
- Fluids vs. Inotropes? (12:50)
- What does your post-bypass exam consist of? (20:55)
a. CABG (23:55)
b. Valve Replacement
i. Aortic Valve (27:16)
ii. Mitral Valve (33:48)
iii. Pulmonic Valve (49:17)
- How do you describe and quantify perivalvular leaks?
a. Aortic Valve (39:57)
- Echo evaluation for valve repair.
a. Tricuspid Valve Repair (46:06)
b. Mitral Valve Repair (54:08)
- Echo for evaluation of mechanical vs bioprosthetic valve replacement. (59:28)
- Closing Thoughts (1:05:18)
The information presented in this podcast is the expressed opinion of the individuals appearing on this episode and does not necessarily represent those of the cardiac team, Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, or the UNMC Department of Anesthesiology. The content presented herein is to serve as additional education, in line with the Division’s education syllabus and is not meant to be a replacement for reading texts or journal articles pertinent to the topics discussed.