The Department of Pathology and Microbiology is committed to furthering the research of all UNMC investigators and assisting faculty in accessing the material they need. Listed below are the requirements to facilitate requests for tissue for research purposes. When samples are required for screening or ongoing monitoring of clinical research participants, please use the steps below.
Requesting Pathology Approval
- Email Salma Elhag at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: “Preliminary Approval for a pre IRB-approved protocol with tissue requirements: (Sponsor, Sponsor Trial ID, PI)”
- Attach protocol and lab manual (if available). Please specify section and page numbers pertinent to tissue requirements.
- Upon approval, pathology will:
- Track approval in pathology database
- Forward email containing pathology approval to the individual submitting the trial for approval
Requesting Archived Tissue/Slides
- Research staff will complete the “Pathology Request for Research Studies” form and email it to email@example.com.
- The request form can be found below
- Please ensure that the IRB # and Cost Center/Grant account are accurate