Collect your thoughts, find your center, and get ready for whatever lies in front of you in our remodeled locker rooms with private showers, digital locks, and memberships available to you and your family.
Memberships are available to Nebraska Medicine employees, along with UNMC faculty, employees, staff, alumni, and volunteers.
The Center for Healthy Living offers a range of recreational activities and organized leagues. Check out our intramural website and social media pages to learn about opportunities to stay active!
Through its Center for Healthy Living, UNMC offers health promotions activities and services to encourage wellness among its employees and students.
The Center for Healthy Living offers fitness classes and assessments for a health-oriented approach to physical activity.
CFHL Covid Time Table
Face masks are required while in the facility - August 4, 2021
Reservation to use the Center are no longer required - June 21, 2021
Starting May 26, 2021
- Gymnasium pickup games of 5 on 5 basketball, 5 X 5 futsal, and 6 X 6 volleyball, as well as other activities at the discretion of CFHL staff.
- Masks are no longer required for participation by fully vaccinated individuals. Participants, as well as spectators, who are not yet fully vaccinated should continue to mask or should decline to participate.
- Intramural summer outdoor sports of golf, pickleball, soccer, softball, bocce ball and cornhole.
- Fully immunized member guests are permitted to utilize campus recreational facilities effective 25 May.
- Full CFHL Covid Policies
Covid Policy revision on May 10, 2021
New revisions for our area are:
- Gymnasium pickup games of 3-on-3 basketball, 3-on-3 futsal, and 3-on-3 volleyball. Masks are required for participation. Balls may be checked out at the front desk.
- Summer Outdoor IM Leagues will be offered. These include golf, pickleball, soccer, softball, bocce ball and cornhole.
Extended hours to current hours on August 24, 2020
Extended hours and add to reservation limits on July 13, 2020
Reopened with Covid Policies and shortened hours on July 1, 2020
CFHL closed on March 17, 2020 due to Covid-19
|Fitness Classes||Kids & Family||Cycling||Exercise|
∇ Closures and openings happen daily. Please check before heading out.
Fitness resources from the Center for Healthy Living are now accessible remotely! You will now be able to view some of your favorite instructor-led fitness classes, short 5-10 minute workouts to help you break away from your desk, and fun weekly "challenges" here on our website and on social media!
Total Body Blast
Ashley has redesigned the workouts in Total Body Blast to be performed from home without the need for any special gym equipment. Instead, she will demonstrate how to do these exercises with everyday objects commonly found at home.
New installments of Total Body Blast will stream on the Center for Healthy Living's Facebook and Instagram. To stay in the loop, follow the Center for Healthy Living (@UNMCCFHL) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Center for Healthy Living playlist on the UNMC YouTube account!
Memberships, intramural sports, special events, and fitness classes are available to all UNMC, UNO & Nebraska Medicine faculty, staff, students, retirees, alumni, volunteers, contracted employees & affiliated organizations.
The facility includes: multi-purpose gymnasium, men’s & women’s locker rooms, health & fitness classrooms, massage room and the Thomas M. Heiser Strength & Fitness Facility.
Fitness services like consultations can get you started towards your fitness goals. Plus, health programs like campus blood drives, massage and walk/run/cycle training programs are offered throughout the year.