Associate Professor of Radiology
Specialty: Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research
- PhD: Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City, May 2002
- Post Doc Education: June 2002 - Jan. 2003, Biomedical Engineering Department, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Feb. 2003 - Apr. 2006, NMR Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA
Neuroimaging and image processing
National Institutes of Health K25 Training Grant $700,000 five year award from January 2010-2014 will be used to train in biomedicine which supports his research into the use of advanced MRI technology.
- Yutong Liu, D'Arceuil H, He J, Duggan M, Seri S, Hashiguchi Y, Nakatani A, Gonzalez RG, Pryor J, de Crespigny A., Dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion imaging of cerebral ischemia in nonhuman primates: comparison of Gd-DTPA and NMS60, J Magn Reson Imaging., 22(4):461-6, Oct . 2005
- Yutong Liu, H . D'Arceuil, J. He, M. Duggan, G. Gonzalez, J. Pryor, A. de Crespigny, A nonlinear mesh-warping technique for correcting brain deformation after stroke. Magn Reson Imaging. 2006 Oct; 24(8):1069-75.
- Yutong Liu, H. D'Arceuil, J. He, M. Duggan, G. Gonzalez, J. Pryor, A. de Crespigny, MRI of spontaneous fluctuations after acute cerebral ischemia in nonhuman primates, J Magn Reson Imaging, 26(4):1112-6, Oct. 2007
- Yutong Liu, H. D'Arceuil, S. Westmoreland, J. He, M. Duggan, G. Gonzalez, J. Pryor, A. de Crespigny, Serial diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) after transient and permanent cerebral ischemia in nonhuman primates, Stroke, 38(1): 138-145, Jan. 2007
- Yutong Liu, M.G. Uberti, H. Dou, R. Banerjee, C.B. Grotepas, D.K. Stone, B.E. Rabinow, H.E. Gendelman, M.D. Boska, Ingress of blood-borne macrophages across the blood-brain barrier in murine HIV-1 encephalitis, J neuroimmunology, 30; 200(1-2): 41-52, Aug. 2008. PMCID 2572762.
- M.G. Uberti, M.D. Boska, Yutong Liu, A semi-automatic image segmentation method for extraction of brain volume from in vivo mouse head magnetic resonance imaging using Constraint Level Sets, Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 179; 2: 338-44, May 2009
- Yutong Liu, M.G. Uberti, H. Dou, R.L. Mosley, H.E. Gendelman and M.D. Boska, An Image Warping Technique for Rodent Brain MRI-Histology Registration Based On Thin-Plate Splines with Landmark Optimization, Proc. SPIE, Vol. 7259, 72592K (2009); DOI:10.1117/12.812045
- M.G. Uberti, Yutong Liu, H. Dou, R.L. Mosley, H.E. Gendelman and M.D. Boska, Registration of in vivo MR to histology of rodent brains using blockface imaging, Proc. SPIE, Vol. 7262, 726213 (2009); DOI:10.1117/12.812711
- Michael Boska, Yutong Liu, Mariano Uberti, Balasrinivasa R. Sajja, Shantanu Balkundi, JoEllyn McMillan, Howard E. Gendelman. Registered Bioimaging of Nanomaterials for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Monitoring. Journal of Visualized Experiments, Dec 9, 2010;(46). PMID: 21178969
- Yutong Liu, Balasrinivasa R. Sajja, Mariano G. Uberti, Howard E. Gendelman, Tammy Kielian, Michael D. Boska, Landmark Optimization Using Local Curvature for Point-Based Nonlinear Rodent Brain Image Registration, Int J Biomed Imaging. 2012;2012:635207. Epub 2011 Sep 26.