Professor of Radiology and VA Radiology Service Chief
Specialty: Abdominal Imaging
- MD: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency: Radiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Certification: American Board of Radiology
Created and yearly expanded the Radiology Allied Health Programs at the Omaha VAMC, in part with UNMC and in the process of modernizing the VA radiology department
- Orton DF, Hummel MM. Intra-abdominal Desmoplastic Small Cell Tumor Presenting as an Acute Abdomen after Trauma. Emergency Radiology 5:173-175, 1998.
- Orton DF, Gurney JW. Spontaneous Reduction in Size Bullae (Autobullectomy). Journal of Thoracic Imaging 14:118-121, 1999.
- Orton DF, LeVeen RF, Culp WC, et al. Aortic Prosthetic Graft Infections:Radiographic Manifestations and Implications for Management. RadioGraphics, 20:977-993, July 2000.
- Wan X. Tarantolo S. Orton DF, Greiner T. Primary Extramedullary Plasmacytoma in the Atria of the Heart. Cardiovascular Pathology 10(3):137-9, July 2001 PMID: 11485858