Professor of Radiology and Neuroradiology Division Chief
MRI Fellowship Director
- MD: The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Residency: Radiology, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology Fellow, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- American Board of Radiology Diagnostic Radiology
- American Board of Radiology Certificate of Added Qualification in Neuroradiology
ASNR 2010 meeting Summa Cum Laude Award for scientific exhibit: Compact white matter pathways: correlation of T2-weighted imaging with diffusion-tensor imaging tractography. Matthew L. White, MD, Yan Zhang, MD, Jason T. Helvey, MD, David M. Penn, MD, David P. Poage, MD, Matthew F. Omojola, MD
Evaluating Survival in Subjects with Primary Intra-axial Brain Tumors by MRI Dynamic Susceptibility Weighted Brain Perfusion Imaging
Funding: Bracco Imaging SpA
Principal Investigator –Matthew L. White, MD.
The goal of the study is to evaluate subjects with primary intra-axial brain tumors to see how MRI brain tumor perfusion predicts overall survival and progression free survival. The MRI brain tumor perfusion methodology is contrast based (Multihance) utilizing echo-planar techniques. Multihance, given its underlying molecular attachment to gadolinium and weak affinity to serum albumin, has been shown to be superlative for echo-planar MRI perfusion analysis. Given the excellent characteristics of Multihance it was utilized for our MRI brain tumor perfusion exams.
Hypothesis: We hypothesize that MRI brain tumor perfusion will provide information that is predictive of overall and progression free survival times in subjects with primary intra-axial brain tumors.
- White ML, Zhang Y. Primary angiitis of the central nervous system: apparent diffusion coefficient lesion analysis. Clinical Imaging 34(1): 1-6, January 2010
- White ML, Zhang Y. Three-tesla diffusion tensor imaging of Meyer's loop by tractography, color-coded fractional anisotropy maps, and eigenvectors. Clinical Imaging 34(6): 413-7, Nov-Dec 2010.
- White ML, Zhang Y, Healey K. Cervical Spinal Cord Multiple Sclerosis: Evaluation with 2D Multi-Echo Recombined Gradient Echo Magnetic Resonance Imaging. The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 34(1): 93-98, January 2011.
- White ML, Zhang Y, Yu F, Kazmi S. Diffusion-Tensor MR Imaging of Cerebral Gliomas: Evaluating Fractional Anisotropy Characteristics. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32(2): 374-81, February 2011.
- Wilson TW, Franzen JD, White ML, Knott NL, Wetzel MW. Broadband Neurophysiological Abnormalities in the Medial Prefrontal Region of the Default-Mode Network in Adults with ADHD. Accepted Human Brain Mapping. Published online Nov 18, 2011.
- Bravo E, White ML, Olney AH, Mcallister JL, Zhang Y. Novel proximal 14q deletion: Clinical and DTI tractography findings in a patient with lissencephaly, agenesis of the corpus callosum and septooptic dysplasia. Published online Dec 22, 2011 AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Accepted for publication.
- Wilson TW, Wetzel MW, White ML, Knott NL. Stimulant Medications Normalize Gamma-Frequency Neuronal Activity in Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Accepted The Journal of Psychopharmacology. Published online Jan 4, 2012.