Assistant Professor, Division of Neonatology
Children's Hospital & Medical Center
8200 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha, NE
The Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
CHI Bergan Mercy Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
Phoenix Children's Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
Newborn brain injury & neuroprotection
Neonatal brain imaging and neuromonitoring
Investigating novel neuroprotective interventions for neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
Advancing methods of bedside neuromonitoring and interpretation of newborn brain imaging
Optimizing cell-based therapies for inflammatory brain injuries
- Peeples ES, Rao R, Dizon MLV, Johnson Y, Joe P, Flibotte J, Hossain T, Smith D, Hamrick S, DiGeronimo R, Natarajan G, Lee K, Yanowitz T, Mietzsch U, Wu T, Maitre N, Pallotto EK, Speziale M, Mathur AM, Zaniletti I, Massaro A. Predictive models of neurodevelopmental outcomes after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy using perinatal and neonatal factors. Pediatrics. 2021 Jan 15; Epub ahead of print.
- Dave A, Peeples ES. Cholesterol metabolism and brain injury in neonatal encephalopathy. Pediatric Research. 2020 Oct 26; Epub ahead of print.
- Rao R, Mietzsch U, DiGeronimo R, Hamrick SE, Dizon ML, Lee KS, Natarajan G, Yanowitz TD, Peeples ES, Flibotte JJ, Wu TW, Zaniletti I, Mathur AM, Massaro A. Utilization of therapeutic hypothermia and neurological injury in neonates with mild hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy: A report from Children’s Hospital Neonatal Consortium. American Journal of Perinatology. 2020 Sept 6; Epub ahead of print.
- Euteneuer J, Kerns E, Leiting C, McCulloh R, Peeples ES. Inhaled Bronchodilator Exposure in the Management of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Journal of Perinatology. 2020 Aug 5; Epub ahead of print.
- Laudi A, Peeples ES. The Relationship Between Neonatal Encephalopathy and Maternal Postpartum Depression. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020 Aug; 32(19):3313-3317.
- Kutchy N, Peeples ES, Sil S, Liao K, Chivero E, Hu G, Buch S. Extracellular vesicles in viral infection-mediated neurodegenerative diseases. Viruses. 2020 Jun 28; 12(7):700.
- Marinelli KC, Lyden ER, Peeples ES. Clinical risk factors for the development of late-onset circulatory collapse in premature infants. Pediatric Research. 2020 Jun 3; Epub ahead of print.
- McGinn EA, Powers A, Galas M, Lyden ER, Peeples ES. Perinatal Vitamin D Status is Associated with Severity of Brain Injury in Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy. Neuropediatrics. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print.
- Khazanchi R, Lyden ER, Peeples ES. Reevaluating 30-day head ultrasound screening for preterm infants in the era of decreasing periventricular leukomalacia. Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print.
- Peeples ES, Dafferner A, Jiang J, Lyden ER, Punsoni M, Agrawal DK. Combined Treatment with Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 and AMD3100 Improves Motor Outcome in a Murine Model of Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy. Developmental Neuroscience. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print.
- Chabra S, Peeples ES. Assessment and Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux in the Newborn. Pediatric Annals. 2020 Feb; 49(2):e77-e81.
- Hurley E, Peeples ES, Roland D, Bates CM, Hunstad DA, Barkin SA. Perspectives Commentary from the Society for Pediatric Research: Supporting Early-Stage Pediatric Physician-Scientist Success. Pediatric Research. 2020 Jan; 87:834-838.
- Dagur RS, Liao K, Sil S, Sun Z, Lyubchenko YL, Peeples ES, Hu G, Buch S. Neuronal-derived extracellular vesicles are enriched in the brain and serum of HIV-1 transgenic rats. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles. 2019 Dec; 9(1).
- Rao R, Lee KS, Zaniletti I, Yanowitz TD, DiGeronimo R, Dizon ML, Hamrick SE, Natarajan G, Peeples ES, Murthy K, Mathur A, Massaro A. Antimicrobial therapy utilization in neonates with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE): A report from the Children’s Hospital Neonatal Database (CHND). Journal of Perinatology. 2019 Oct; 40(1):70-78.
- Chabra S, Strandjord TP, Peeples ES. Outcomes of extremely low birth weight infants in the NICU after initiation of a two-team care model. J Neonatal Nursing. 2019 Oct;25(5):254-256.
- Periyasamy P, Sil S, Singh Dagur R, Liao K, Peeples ES, Hu G, Buch S. Strategies for the use of extracellular vesicles for the delivery of therapeutics. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2019 Aug; Epub ahead of print.
- Chabra S, Strandjord TP, Peeples ES. Prolonged Non-Invasive Ventilation is Associated with Increased Risk of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia in Extremely Low Birth Weight Infants. J Neonatal Perinatal Med. 2019 Mar; 12(3):249-253.
- Jisa KA, Clarey DD, Peeples ES. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Findings of Term and Preterm Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy: A Review of Relevant Animal Models and Correlation to Human Imaging. The Open Neuroimaging Journal. 2018 Oct;12:55-65.
- Parry SM, Peeples ES. The Impact of Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury on Stem Cell Mobilization, Migration, Adhesion, and Proliferation: A Review. Neural Regeneration Research. 2018 Jul; 13(7):1125-1135.
- Stessman LE, Peeples ES. Vitamin D and Its Role in Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury. Neonatology. 2018 Feb; 113:305-312.