The 2024-2025 Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program competition is now open. Find out how to get started and view the full list of awards.
Our first webinars of the year will share details about the U.S. Scholar Program, awards and the application process. Register to learn more:
- May 2: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Colombia [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 3: Opportunities in Social Sciences and the Humanities for Fulbright U.S. Scholar Applicants [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 4: Scholar-in-Residence 2024-2025 Application Q&A – Last Call [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 4: Fulbright International Education Administrator (IEA) Awards [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 10: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Spain [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 10: Opportunities in TEFL and Education for Fulbright U.S. Scholar Applicants [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 11: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Awards for Postdoctoral and Early Career Applicants [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 17: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Italy [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 18: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in the United Kingdom [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 18: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Egypt [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 22: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Morocco [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 23: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Finland [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 24: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Austria [mx.technolutions.net]
- May 25: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities in Canada [mx.technolutions.net]
Forthcoming Webinars in June:
Brazil [mx.technolutions.net], Ireland [mx.technolutions.net] and France [mx.technolutions.net]
Visit our Webinar Schedule [mx.technolutions.net] for details about events throughout the competition, featuring specific countries, regions and disciplines. We look forward to seeing you (virtually) in webinars throughout the year. Note that any times listed for webinars or other live resource events are in U.S. Eastern time. Can't join us live? All webinars are archived on our site here. [mx.technolutions.net]- [mx.technolutions.net]
In 2021, the Fulbright Program celebrated its 75th anniversary. It was established in 1946 to expand and strengthen the relationships between the people of the United States and citizens of the rest of the world. The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education’s Council for International Exchange of Scholars and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. The program operates in over 160 countries worldwide.
The Fulbright grants 800 U.S. scholar grants annually; the Fulbright Program has awarded more than 400,000 students, scholars, teachers, artists, and scientists the opportunity to study, teach and conduct research, exchange ideas, and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns.
Among those who were awarded the Fulbright, there are:
39 Heads of state or government
61 Noble Laureates
88 Pulitzer Prize recipients
75 MacArthur Fellows
16 Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients
For more than 20 years, UNMC has participated in the Fulbright program, hosting fellows from countries worldwide. For the academic year 2022-2023, UNMC has six Fulbright students from Cameroon, Congo, Grenada, Myanmar, Tanzania, and Togo.
For the second consecutive year, UNMC has been named a Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program top-producing institution by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. For the 2020-2021 academic year, UNMC ranks among the institutions with the highest numbers of scholars (faculty, researchers, and administrators) awarded Fulbright scholarships. Being recognized as a top producer for the second year in a row is reflective of the growing interest of UNMC faculty in this elite program, which enhances the global presence and recognition of UNMC. This also strengthens the research, teaching, and training connections between UNMC and other international institutions.
UNMC’s mission is global, and we strive to expand our multicultural campus. Expanding our Fulbright program perfectly aligns our global mission with that of Fulbright and helps our institution expand its global footprint to build cultural bridges and establish permanent scientific collaborations across the globe.
Dr. Wael ElRayes serves as the UNMC Fulbright Scholar Liaison and the Ex-Offico of the board of the Nebraska Fulbright Chapter.
Feel free to contact him with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is vast and comprehensive – for students, postdoctoral students, and seasoned faculty – and is open to U.S. or foreign citizens. To know more about the different programs please visit:
Fulbright Scholar Program
U.S. Scholar Catalog of Awards
Fulbright U.S. Student Program