College of Nursing faculty have been pioneers in distance delivery and now with federal grant support, are engaged in testing learning strategies and new delivery technologies. Many are engaged in faculty practice in the College of Nursing's two nurse managed centers and in other clinical settings. Faculty have been building programs of research in several areas of emphasis:
- Patient, family, and community engagement in chronic care management
- Health promotion and illness prevention
- Technology mediated rural health care
- Symptom management
Students have the opportunity to work cooperatively with the research teams.
There are more than 135 College of Nursing faculty who work with 1,100 students. The College of Nursing through the great generosity of alumni and friends is fortunate to have six fully endowed faculty positions which provide exceptional opportunities for faculty and students to work with very talented and distinguished faculty. The faculty, support staff, students, and the vast array of clinical sites provide exciting environments for learning, for discovery, and for service, each making a difference in our educational endeavors.
Faculty are located on all five College of Nursing campuses across the state.
Staff are located on all five College of Nursing campuses. They are highly qualified individuals who provide support in all areas of the College: student services, department administrative assistance, distance learning, poster production, database development and maintenance, web page development and maintenance, online testing, technical support, research, and grants.
The College of Nursing administratively functions through the Executive Council which consists of:
- Dean, College of Nursing
- Associate Dean for Research
- Associate Dean for Academic Programs
- Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships
- Assistant Dean - Kearney Division
- Assistant Dean - Lincoln Division
- Assistant Dean - West Nebraska Division
- Assistant Dean - Northern Division
- Assistant Dean - Omaha Division
- Director, Student Services
- Director, Administration and Operations
- Director, Undergraduate Program
- Director, PhD Program
- Director, DNP Program
- Director, MSN Program
- Director of Continuing Nursing Education
- Director of Evaluation
- Director, Learning Resources
- Director, International Programs
- Chair of the General Faculty Organization
- Administrative Assistant to the Dean/Recording Secretary
- Director, Center for Patient, Family & Community Engagement in Chronic Care Management
- Director, Morehead Center for Nursing Practice