Streamline your nursing education
Train close to home. Complete just one application for consideration at all five UNMC nursing campuses across Nebraska. Our nursing campuses attract students from across the U.S. and the globe.
College of Nursing faculty use simulation, virtual reality, team-based learning, e-learning, learning across campuses, and “flipped classrooms” to help you prepare for a career in nursing. Learn to manage the complexities of acute and critically ill patients, family and community dynamics, primary care, and working with populations to improve health outcomes.
The College of Nursing uses active learning in coursework to help you learn more, become the best nurse you can be, and create a supportive, engaged environment that fits your learning style.
UNMC has relationships with over 100 health care institutions across Nebraska to provide our professional nursing students a diverse range of experiences from clinics to critical-access hospitals. Your community needs you! UNMC nursing graduates are in demand among employers throughout Nebraska.
“There’s a really good balance of clinical and lecture. So what we learn in the lecture, we immediately apply.”
- BSN - Traditional – A campus-based program that starts in August, consisting of 4 semesters with the summer off between your first and second year in the program. Students graduate in May. Available on all five UNMC College of Nursing campuses.
- BSN - Accelerated – A program for individuals who have already completed a bachelor’s degree. A one year, intensive, campus-based program offered on the Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, Norfolk and Scottsbluff campuses starting in January each year.
- RN to BSN – An online advancement program for registered nurses (RNs) with an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or a Diploma in Nursing. Courses are offered exclusively online. The program can be completed in as little as 2 semesters.
- Read Undergraduate Admissions Policy and Honors Admissions Policy for information on prerequisites and admissions process.
- See the Purpose, outcomes and objectives in the UNMC Catalog.