Among the best graduate nursing programs
The UNMC College of Nursing consistently ranks among the top graduate programs in the nation. Our faculty includes nationally recognized teachers, researchers and practitioners who are authorities in their fields and have prodigious records of publication and education/research/practice grants.
Each of our five nursing campuses, spanning Nebraska border to border, has collaborative clinical education relationships with medical centers, hospitals, outpatient clinics, physician networks, nursing homes and other health system facilities throughout its service region.
“UNMC is the perfect place to get evidence-based training and to reach national standards.”
UNMC offers three graduate degree paths:
The graduate programs deliver curriculum in a hybrid format utilizing group and individual online classes. The blend of asynchronous and synchronous classes offers you convenience and flexibility. Asynchronous classes offer independent study throughout the semester at a time of your choosing. Synchronous classes are scheduled on designated dates and times, are live-streamed and allow real-time interaction with expert faculty and peers. This style of curriculum delivery allows you to participate in the program from where you live. On-campus requirements will vary by program and specialty.
- PhD program –Offered as a post-master’s PhD or as a BSN-to-PhD degree with minimal clinical to inform research, or full clinical that will allow certification. Local options for clinical work.
- DNP program –Offered as a post-master's DNP or BSN-to-DNP degree. Local options for clinical work.
- MSN & PMC program –Offered as a BSN-to-MSN degree or post master’s certificate. Local options for clinical work.
- Need help determining which doctoral program is right for you? Use this assessment tool.
- See the Purpose, outcomes and objectives in the UNMC Catalog.