The Charles A. Dobry, M.D. Lectureship is held annually in the Fall to honor the late Dr. Charles A. Dobry.
A nationally recognized Professor of Radiology is invited to present case reviews & lectures to the residents and medical students. The evening lecture is held off-campus and attended by radiology faculty, residents, and the Dobry Family.
Dr. Dobry joined the UNMC faculty in 1969 as an assistant professor. He was elevated to associate professor in 1981 and professor in 1989. He retired in 1997 and was named professor emeritus at that time. During his career, he served as vice chairman and interim chairman of the Department of Radiology, interim dean of the College of Medicine, and associate dean of clinical affairs for the College of Medicine.
In 1999, he received the Nebraska Radiological Society Silver Medal, becoming only the third radiologist to receive this honor. The silver medal is awarded to radiologists who have made significant contribution to the advancement of radiology in the State of Nebraska.
Past Dobry Lectures:
- 2014 Dr. Melissa L. Rosado de Christenson "The Visible Radiologist"
- 2013 Dr. Marc V. Gosselin "Eminence Based Medicine: The Result of Medical Dogma, Innumeracy and Uncertainty"
- 2012 Dr. Sanjeev Bhalla "Lights Along the Path: Learning from Patients and Colleagues"
- 2010 Dr. Tan Lucien-Mohammed "Cardiac Masses - An Imaging-Pathology Correlation"
- 2009 Dr. Jeremy Erasmus "Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma Improvement in Staging and Management due to PET Imaging"
- 2008 Dr. Charles White "CT for chest pain in the ED - the triple R/O"
- 2007 Dr. David A. Lynch "Imaging of Occupational & Environmental Lung Disease"
- 2006 Dr. Gerald Abbott "Films Don't Lie: Chest Radiographic - CT Correlations"
- 2005 Dr. H. Page McAdams "Lung Cancer Screening"