PhD in Medical Physics; Oregon State University and Oregon Health & Science University; 2017
BA in Physics; University of Colorado; 2012
American Board of Radiology - Therapeutic Medical Physics
American Association of Physicists in Medicine
Clinical & Research Interests:
• Advanced proton, photon, and other radiotherapy modalities and techniques to improve long-term outcomes for pediatric patients
• Radiotherapy in low- and middle-income countries
• Dosimetry of therapeutic and stray radiation
• Applications of 3D-printing in radiation oncology
• Stereotactic radiosurgery, motion management, and image-guided radiation therapy
K. J. Gallagher, B. Youssef, R. Georges, A. Mahajan, J. A. Feghali, R. Nabha, Z. Ayoub, W. Jalbout, P. J. Taddei 2021 Proton radiotherapy could reduce the risk of fatal second cancers for children with intracranial tumors in a low- and middle-income country International Journal of Particle Therapy 7 (4) 1-10.
K. J. Gallagher and P. J. Taddei 2019 Analytical model to estimate equivalent dose from internal neutrons in proton therapy of children with intracranial tumors Radiation Protection Dosimetry 4 460–468.
K. J. Gallagher and P. J. Taddei 2018 Independent application of an analytical model for secondary neutron equivalent dose produced in a passive-scattering proton therapy treatment unit Phys. Med. Biol. 63 15NT04.
K. J. Gallagher, J. Tannous, R. Nabha, J. A. Feghali, Z. Ayoub, W. Jalbout, B. Youssef, and P. J. Taddei Supplemental computational phantoms to estimate out-of-field absorbed dose in photon radiotherapy Phys. Med. Biol. 63 025021.
K. J. Gallagher, J. Wong, and J. Zhang 2017 Photon caliper to achieve submillimeter positioning accuracy Phys. Med. Biol. 62 N404.