NU Values is a university-wide compensation and performance management system applicable to all staff positions (Managerial/Professional & Office/Service) designed to link the performance of employees to the mission and vision of the University. The NU Values program achieves objectives by doing the following:
- Grouping positions having similar characteristics into one of fifteen job families
- Focusing on market relevance and equity in making pay decisions
- HR analyzing each position to determine the general function, responsibilities and duties, supervision received and exercised, and the educational background, training, and experience needed for the position
Fair Labor Standards Act
FLSA has established specific guidelines for employers to utilize in determining whether a job is exempt or non-exempt.
- Individuals in exempt jobs do not complete timesheets and are not eligible for overtime or compensatory time
- Individuals in non-exempt jobs do complete timesheets and are eligible for overtime and/or compensatory time
Allowing for and use of overtime and compensatory time is established at the department level.
Questions related to time keeping and the use of overtime and/or compensatory time should be directed to supervisors.