learn more about MIS Fellowship Programs
Faculty Focus: Patient Care
State-of-the-art operating room simulation lab opened June 2013. Read more
Taking pride in advancing a tradition of excellence
Working collaboratively towards a common goal
Fostering strong partnerships with departments within the College of Medicine
The Mission Statement of the Department of Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center has six primary areas of focus:
- Provide the highest quality surgical care in both primary and specialty surgical services to Nebraska and the Midwest.
- Educate and train the next generation of physicians, surgeons, physician scientists and future leaders of academic medicine in the U.S.
- Generate, communicate and apply new knowledge and innovations referable to surgical disease to improve outcomes.
- Improve accessibility to health care and address any unmet health care needs of Omaha and the surrounding communities.
- Develop a diverse and inclusive department by actively recruiting highly qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds and ensuring that all individuals have fair and just opportunities to grow and succeed.
- Foster a culture free from discrimination and/or harassment by educating, encouraging, and empowering everyone to champion inclusion.